Monday, May 19, 2014

Sending Smiles Across the Miles | card

It’s that time again! Time for the May Designer Challenge from Karen Burniston. This months theme was FLY. I grabbed my Accordion Circle Die and some Lawn Fawn stamps and got to work.

 

Sending Smiles Across the Miles by @gscrapbooks

I decided to create a three paneled card. This was something new for me and I like how it turned out. I also took an extra step to personalize the card, we have family in Kansas so I put a heart in that state to represent them and one in Texas to represent our little family unit down in the Land of Hot.

 

Sending Smiles Across the Miles by @gscrapbooks

I didn’t add any extra decoration to the front of the card because I thought all the stamping on the inside paired with the circles gave it just the wow-factor I thought it needed.

 

Sending Smiles Across the Miles by @gscrapbooks

I added the solid frames from the Square with Circle Frame Edges to the Accordion Circle Die album.

I ended up using three different Lawn Fawn stamp sets. I used the Hello Friend set, the Wish You Were Here set, and the Bon Voyage set.

 

Supplies:

 

I hope everyone is having a great May! :-)

gscrapbooks-blog

7 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

What a fun idea, to personalize a map with hearts. Great card, Gretchen!
Cheers
Karen A

Anna-Karin said...

This is so sweet Gretchen! Love the stamps you used and how you coloured all the states and added the hearts. That circle accordion die is fabulous!

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Great idea to personalize the map! Triple accordions are fun.

StampOwl said...

such a fun card, love it!

Leslie Germain said...

This card is so cool. LOVE the accordion style and the images/sentiments you included. ADORABLE!!!

Felicia S said...

OMG how cute! I need more crafty time--that is an awesome card!

Yainea said...

So cool and sweet!! Love the way you combined the different stamps, they match perfectly!!