Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Celebrate | Spring card

Celebrate | Spring card by @gscrapbooks

Welcome to another Designer Challenge for Pop It Ups by Karen Burniston! This months theme was Spring or Easter. I kept eyeing the butterfly set and decided to go the Spring route.

 

Celebrate | Spring card by @gscrapbooks

For this card I used the Pop It Ups Butterfly Pivot Card plus matching Butterfly Accessory dies. I have a bit of a kraft cardstock addiction so I paired my favorite kraft with some bright colors to give it some pop.

 

Celebrate | Spring card by @gscrapbooks

The Agatha Edges Pop It Ups dies are perfect element to add to the inside of the card… just the right touch.

 

Celebrate | Spring card by @gscrapbooks

I decorated the butterflies by cutting a multi-colored piece of patterned paper and then layering two different sizes of white tissue paper on top of it. I love the effect!

 

Supplies:

Other: Tissue paper, decorative pearls.

 

Happy Spring! Here’s to warmer weather!!!

gscrapbooks-blog

4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Gretchen, this is just lovely. The layered tissue gives such a soft and pretty effect. I also LOVE Kraft card stock, and don't use it often enough. It's a treat to see your card made using it.
Cheers
Karen A

Leslie Germain said...

Gretchen, I love the butterflies and how they pop up!! SO pretty and very springy. Hope you will consider sharing your crafty creation!

StampOwl said...

such a pretty card :)

raquelmason.stampinup.net said...

The tissue paper gives such a pretty watercolor look. I like the assortment of flowers on the front too.