Monday, November 18, 2013

You Make My Heart Melt | card

It’s November which means the fabulous Karen Burniston has issued a new challenge to a handful of designers. This months challenge was to create a project using the color red and one of her new stitched Framelits from her Snippets collection. I *love* the stitched framelits (they’re the bomb!) so of course I said yes. Remember that motivation I bought myself? This is what is was for! ;-)

you-make-my-heart-melt

For this card I used two dies from Karen’s new Snippets line. A die from the Labels & Stitched Frames set and the Gift Card Holder.

While creating this card, I got to use the Magnetic Platform for the first time. Holy awesomeness Batman! If you use the wafer thin dies, then you need this!

 

you-make-my-heart-melt-1

I love the stitched look… adore it actually. I stamped the cute snow man and sentiment from the Warm Hearts Paper Smooches stamp set. It’s so freaking cute I can’t stand it!

 

you-make-my-heart-melt-2

More cute stamps from the Warm Hearts set, I love those trees. I have to say, the Gift Card Holder was an excellent die for Karen to design. I send out a lot of gift cards and it’s nice to be able to pretty them up instead of having them just rattling around inside a card.

 

Close Up Shots

you-make-my-heart-melt-3

 

you-make-my-heart-melt-4

 

you-make-my-heart-melt-5

I am really loving how this card turned out. I love that it looks like it has dimension even though it isn’t a pop up card. Karen’s has plenty of dies that can be used as stand alone dies and they helped decorate my card perfectly.

If you want to check out more of Karen’s Snippits collection, head on over to Scrapbook.com and have a look: Snippets collection at Scrapbook.com.

Supplies:

Cardstock: Rouge and Forest, American Crafts.

Copics: Snowman – C1, C0, 0, YR04, YR00, R27, R24, R22; Trees – YG09, YG06, YG03, G09, G05, G02, G28, G24, G21, R27, R24, R22.

 

Stay tuned for another challenge in December… it’s right around the corner! :-)

gscrapbooks-blog

4 comments:

raquelmason.stampinup.net said...

Cute gift card, can I be put on your gift card list? Just kidding, but truthfully anyone would love to get this creation.

Laurel Lee Pollard said...

Adorable, Gretchen! Yes, Karen Burniston's gift card holder die is a welcome addition - and just right for your festive card.

Laurel Lee Pollard, New England Paper Crafts
"Ensuring the world of paper crafts continues to bloom ~"

Anna-Karin said...

This is so cute Gretchen! Love that cute snowman and the papers you used are great.

Karen Aicken said...

Gretchen! I thought I'd found your blog, but turns out it was a different Gretchen. Ahahaha. I've got you now though. :-)
Love the way you used Karen's Gift Card holder on this long, narrow card. After I saw your card, I immediately went and added that ADORABLE stamp set to my Scrapbook.com Wish List. Sigh.
Cheers
Karen A