Monday, October 14, 2013

Have a Spooktacular Halloween card with Label Window Pop `n Cuts

Happy October! How about a Halloween card today? The awesome Karen Burniston challenged me (and a few other amazing designers) to create something using clear material. Since it’s October I decided to go the ookey spookey route and this is what I came up with. I love how it turned out – so fun!

Have a Spooktacular Halloween card with Label Window Pop `n Cuts by @gscrapbooks

For this card I used the Label Window Pop `n Cuts and combined it with the original base die. To close off the card a bit, I used the edge piece from the Edge and Scroll Bigz Die.

 

Have a Spooktacular Halloween card with Label Window Pop `n Cuts by @gscrapbooks

I incorporated the small label into my design making it look like a monster. I added googley eyes and wa-la! wanna be monster. The sentiments are from the Happy Haunting Lawn Fawn stamp set.

 

Have a Spooktacular Halloween card with Label Window Pop `n Cuts by @gscrapbooks

I like the effect the clear gives because the googley eyes are floating when the card is open… which essentially makes the monster invisible.

The papers and 3D stickers are Doodlebug, they’re a few years old and had been living in my stash. I was glad I finally got the opportunity to use them.

 

Supplies:

Other: Purple tape (Target); patterned papers and stickers (Doodlebug); Googley eyes (Michael’s); Transparancy.

 

This was such a great challenge! Karen is one smart lady! :-)

 

gscrapbooks.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Karen B said...

Eeek! So stinkin' cute! Love that effect with the visible monster when the card is closed and the disappearing monster when open. So clever! Thanks for playing along with the DC this month.

raquelmason.stampinup.net said...

From the front & the inside looks Spooky Cool Fun! Love the googly eyes.

StampOwl said...

such a fun and spook-tacular card ... love your cute little monster :)

The Cryer Family said...

That is just so cool!!!!

Karen Aicken said...

L O V E this. How fun, to create the little monster with googly eyes and acetate. Fun fun FUN!
Cheers,
Karen Aicken

Sandra said...

what a fun idea!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Sandra ltb