Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hello Friend Card with Friend Pop `n Cuts

I think I need another intro besides I’ve got another new card to share… but I do! Another card sample I made for Karen Burniston’s new Journey Collection. Just like yesterdays card share, this one is vertical also… I love that there are inserts that give you a vertical option!

Hello Friend Card with Friend Pop `n Cuts by @gscrapbooks

This card features the Birds and Banners Textured Impressions set (item #658379), the Friend Pop `n Cut Insert (item #658376), and the matching Friends Sizzlits die (item #658361). I created it using the original PNC’s base tray die.

Hello Friend Card with Friend Pop `n Cuts by @gscrapbooks

On the front I used the birds from the Birds and Banners Textured Impressions folder. I just love those little birds! The banners folder that comes with the set is equally as cute.

Hello Friend Card with Friend Pop `n Cuts by @gscrapbooks

On the inside, I used the Friend Pop `n Cuts Insert and the matching Friends Sizzlits die. I added some cute birds that I created using the Birds on a Wire Sizzlits strip.

As you can see, the PNC insert is just “friend” as compared to the Sizzlits that is “friends.” Why you might ask? Versatility!

On the Friends Sizzlit, the s is separate. You can use the “friend” portion on the PNC insert and then place the s on the heart. This would be great for a sentiment like “So glad we’re friends.”

You could also skip the s all together, like I did in the sample above. This would be a good option for a sentiment like “Glad you’re my friend.”

You could also use the Friends Sizzlits die on its own without the PNC insert. If you use the s or not is up to you, depending on what your sentiment is.

Versatility is a great thing!

Want to get your hands on these new dies? You can now find the entire Journey collection at Scrapbook.com (you can find all the links to the collection in this post), ask your local retailer, or check out Sizzix.com!

Hope you’re having a great week!

gscrapbooks.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Karen B said...

Love it, G! The birds look so cute perched up there!