Monday, May 13, 2013

don’t hate me because I’m beautiful door card

Well hello there boys and girls! Nice to see you! I’ve got a cheerful card to share with you today featuring Karen Burniston’s awesome Opening and Wreath Door die and some new stamps I recently purchased from The Alley Way Stamps.

Card front

don't hate me because I'm beautiful door card by Gretchen Schmidt @gscrapbooks

With the door open

don't hate me because I'm beautiful door card by Gretchen Schmidt @gscrapbooks

I think the door is so fun to use. You open it up and you're treated to a little surprise! And oh my gosh – that bird! Love it! To add some depth to the front panels of the door, I highlighted the pieces with grey and then added pop-dots underneath.

Supplies:

Copics: R22, R24, YR00, YR04, YR07, Y00, Y06, YG03, YG06, YG09, BG000, BG02, BG05, BG07, RV21, RV25, E000, C1, C3.

Other: Bird Brain (The Alley Way Stamps); Stamper’s Secret White Cardstock (Papertrey ink); pop-dots.

don't hate me because I'm beautiful door card by Gretchen Schmidt @gscrapbooks

Do you have the Opening and Wreath Door die? I’d love to see what you’ve made. Hook a girl up and leave a link for me. Want to get your hands on this die? Both Scrapbook.com and Simon Says Stamp currently have them in stock.

Have a great week!

blog-signature-225

3 comments:

Karen B said...

So awesome! Love, love, love that red front door!

fun stamping said...

Oh, this is adorable!

Beth said...

This caught my eye! I just LOVE the pretty red door and the way you raised it, but my favorite part is that you can open it! Brilliant. Thank you so much for sharing this. I may have to try it, but it will turn out nowhere near as nice and pretty as yours.

Beth