Thursday, April 25, 2013

One Fine Day Pop `n Cut card | tutorial

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! I’ve got a new tutorial to share with you today featuring one of my favorite Pop `n Cut’s dies and several other Sizzix dies including a new stamp & die-cut set. Hope you like it!

one-fine-day-front-gsone-fine-day-inside-gs

I kept the front of my card pretty simple because the party’s on the inside (so to speak!). As a fun twist, I used the Label PNC in a different way too – on it’s side. It’s always fun to mix it up!

Making the card

1-card-front-papers

Start by creating a standard vertical card base (4-1/4” x 5-1/2”) and decorate it with two different pieces of patterned paper. Add a strip of solid cardstock for some contrast. Round the corners and then outline the card front in black.

2-front-sentiment

Using the Sweet Day Stamp & Die-cut set, stamp and cut out the “one fine day” sentiment.

one-fine-day-front-gs

Mat sentiment onto coordinating patterned paper, round corners of patterned paper, and adhere to card front.

3-pnc-label-die

Add Label PNC insert (my favorite!) to PNC base tray and line up tick marks. Lay a piece of patterned paper that is 6” long and not over 5-1/2” wide over your insert, centering the paper and the tick mark. Sandwich your die with extended cutting pads and run through your Big Shot machine.

4-folded-pnc

Fold Label PNC pieces according to package directions and then turn on it’s side.

5-pnc-label-piece

Cut a coordinating piece of cardstock using the Label PNC. You just need enough cardstock to cover the label portion, not a whole card piece. Cut label apart from excess cardstock, trimming just inside the fold lines so when assembled, everything folds nicely.

6-bike-and-bird

Stamp and cut one bike and one bird from the Sweet Day Stamp & Die-cut set.

7-assemble-pnc

Add cardstock label pieces to the front of your main Label PNC piece and decorate with the bike and the bird.

Note: I normally do all my assembling after I add my PNC piece to the inside of my card but this time I did it a little different. Either way works just fine.

8-pnc-in-card

Adhere decorated PNC piece to the inside of your card. Don’t add adhesive all the way to the right and left sides of the PNC however, leave a little space to tuck border pieces underneath. Outline inside with black pen.

9-borders

Using the Scallops On The Edge Die (which seems to be my most used On The Edge die!), cut two border pieces to go on the edges of your PNC. I used two pieces of patterned paper that where cut to 4-1/4” x 2”, laid them on top of the die, and cut.

10-banners

Cut two banner pieces using the Birthday Thinlits set. Stamp sentiment onto banner pieces and outline in black.

To stamp, I curved my sentiment onto my block to match the curve of my banner piece.

Extra note: The packaging shown is a storage envelope that comes with the Thinlits. I love that they come with an automatic storage solution! You can also buy the Plastic Envelopes separately, they’re the perfect size for Thinlits, Framelits, and coordinating Sizzix stamp and die sets.

one-fine-day-inside-gs

Add adhesive to the back side of your borders and tuck underneath the left and right sides of the PNC. Add your sentiments to the upper left and lower right portions of your card.

Yes, I did repeat the sentiment twice... I did it on purpose. I liked it that much and thought it looked cute so went with it. ;-)

Supplies:

Other: white cardstock (Stampin’ Up); Polar Ice cardstock (Core’dinations Foundations).
 
I went with a spring theme for my card, in hopes that our weather will change and stop being so bipolar. A girl can dream!
 
Have a fabulous day! Think happy weather thoughts!
 
blog-signature-225

1 comment:

Karen B said...

Love this! So bright and cheery. The label turned on its side works perfectly to animate the bike - great idea!