Sunday, April 21, 2013

birthday wishes card (otherwise known as “mom, I need a card real fast!”)

My 17 year old son said, “mom, I need a card real fast!” And by real fast he meant how long it took him to take a shower and get ready to go to a 7 year olds birthday party.

This is what I came up with…

birthday-wishes-dragon

I finally decided to invest in some Copic Sketch Markers. I am far (so very far!) from an expert but oh my gosh I love them. I still have a lot to learn however. This card is my first official project using them.

I’m used to using chalks, which for me has been about shading, highlighting, and defining. I’ve never bothered with a light source. Trying to do so now is a change.

I picked up a Colorless Blender yesterday. I obviously have no idea how to use it properly – check out the fire and the blue on the dragon. I was tempted to start over after the bleeding occurred but I figured it was for a 7 year old and it would probably end up in the trash anyway so I just went with it. With a “real quick” request, there is no starting over, lol!

Not bad for a first attempt if I do say so myself!

Supplies:

Other: birthday2celebrate (The Stamps of Life); Stamper’s Select White Cardstock (Papertreyink.com); patterned paper (Scenic Route).
 
Copic colors: YG03, YG06, YG09, BG000, BG02, BG05, Y00, Y02, Y06, R22, YR00, C1, C3, 0.
 
Enjoy your day!
blog-signature-225

2 comments:

kellystar said...

I'm not an expert with the copics either, but it sure is fun to "color", isn't it?

Lisa Walker said...

I consider my mom as one of the most precious teasure in my life. That's why I'm not looking for some ideas for the best birthday wishes for mom that I can ever give to her on her birthday next month. And I must say that this is such a sweet post. Love it!

Cheers,
Liz