Friday, March 29, 2013

CSI: Guest Detective | Carnival at the Rodeo

The Sizzix Design Team members were invited to be Guest Detectives at CSI: Colors, Stories, Inspiration for the month of March. I was exited to get to participate and create a layout. Sizzix is the main sponsor for the month of March and the design team had several different case files to choose from. I made my layout based on Case File No. 65.

65 flat

My husband, youngest son, and I recently went to the Houston Livestock and Rodeo Show Carnival earlier this month so I knew exactly what photos I wanted to use to match the fun, bright colors in the case file. It’s like this challenge was made for me!

Carnival at the Rodeo

carnival-rodeo-gs

The Scene and The Color Scheme: I used kraft as my base and then went through my stash to find colors similar to the ones in the case file. I think I did pretty good.

Evidence: I like white space so using it with my layout was a no brainer (and it just happened it be on the evidence list so it worked out well!). I also loved the idea of circles so I used my Sizzix Circle Thinlits to create various circle sizes and added them to my layout. My third evidence item are the mini brads, I think they add just the right touch.

Testimony: I loved the idea of spreading my journaling across three spots but I loosely interpreted it to fit my needs. I ended up spreading it out over three main sections, using those spaces for journaling and text.

Supplies:

Other: red, blue, and yellow cardstock; brads.
 
Head on over to CSI: Colors, Stories, Inspiration for more challenges and inspiration!
 
Have a wonderful weekend!blog-signature-225

2 comments:

lizzie said...

Love it!! We went to the carnival as well. Saw Bruno Mars and it was fab!!! I got some great pictures of the ferris wheel at night all lit up!

Karen B said...

Love this layout! The circles look fantastic and I like the way it's all "clumped" but so perfectly!