Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine’s Day Gifts featuring Eileen Hull’s ScoreBoards Dies

The Sizzix Design Team has a special treat for you today on the Sizzix blog: amazing projects featuring Eileen Hull’s ScoreBoards dies. Check out what I created below. :-)

My Projects

vday-projects-all

I used several of Eileen’s dies to create these fun Valentine’s Day projects. I am thrilled with how they turned out – AND how easy they were to create. I’m a huge fan of projects that are quick and easy!

“I love you” Candy Box

vday-candy-box

For this “I love you” project I used the Scallop Box ScoreBoards Die. I glued my patterned paper directly to the mat board (except for the piece I was going to use for the flap) and then cut. For the flap, since I wanted it to be a different patterned than the rest, I cut it separately and then glued it on. By adding the paper to the mat board before you cut, you ensure that everything will fold properly and be lined up just as it should. To create the front label and “I love you” sentiment, I used the Lovely Labels Sizzlits Set and the Hearts & More Sizzlits Set. I used sticky back Velcro circles to make the closure for my box.

vday-mover-shappervday-window

I created a window in the back of my candy box using Eileen’s Heart & Label Movers & Shapers die. I made sure to make the cut after the paper was on the mat board so everything would line up. I cut a piece of sheet protector and added it to the inside of the box before folding the box together.

Love Card

vday-card

I didn’t want to give gifts without a card so I made a simple little square card using some patterned paper and the Love Stamp die from the Hearts & More Sizzlits Set.

Love Gift Card Folder

vday-gift-card

For my last project, I used the Gift Card Folder. I added my paper just like I did with the candy box (patterned paper on the main body and then I added the piece for the fold over flap separately). I used the heart, key, and Love stamp from the Hearts & More Sizzlits set to decorate my gift card holder. I added the gift card to the inside using one Glue Dot and made the closure using another circle Velcro piece that I cut in half. I finished it off by adding a heart button in the center of the key.

I had such fun creating these projects. The possibilities on how you could decorate these cool ScoreBoards dies and what you could put in them are endless! Eileen is a genius!

Supplies:

More ScoreBoards Projects
 
Eileen Hull (the brains behind these cool ScoreBoards dies!) and the Sizzix Design Team made some amazing projects using the ScoreBoards dies (prepare to be blown away!). Feel free to check out their blogs individually or visit the Sizzix Blog.
 
 
True Stamp 2013: Special Offer
 
 
Today only, use code SWEET at checkout and get 50% off your ticket price for True Scrap 2013. Sale ends at midnight Pacific time February 14, 2013. Don’t miss this opportunity to save! Sign up for True Scrap 2013 today!
 
Happy Valentine’s Day!
blog-signature-225

30 comments:

SusanK said...

Man, these would be the hit of any class party!

Shelly Hickox said...

Your projects are all adorable, Gretchen! Now I have two more dies to add to my list. I love the window you cut in the Scallop Box!

Jan said...

Love your projects, Gretchen!

Eileen Hull said...

Girl, you went to town with these babies! THANK YOU- I love them all! Great tutorials showing how easy they are to put together a fun coordinated set- love the papers you picked and how you combined all of the different elements to embellish the boxes. Like Susan said, they would be the hit of a class party but I would give these to anyone. Thank you so much for rocking these dies, my friend!

Richele Christensen said...

Adorable! Love these cute little boxes. I'll need to add these dies to my wish list.

Наталья Фадеева said...

Remarkable boxes for sweets!

Sarah Biswabic said...

Your projects are so adorable!
bbiswabic@new.rr.com

Astrid Maclean said...

Great gift set and wonderful new dies!

Disco Queen said...

Super fun!

Amy Friend said...

Great job! I really like that gift card envelope--almost used it! Maybe I will have to in the future. Very nice.

SMYLING said...

Lovin this

Cynthia Clark said...

Wish I'd seen these before I killed myself doing my Valentine cards. They're cute AND simple.

kimshouseuk said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely projects ideas with us.

Debbie K. said...

So cute,Gretchen. Love your color choices too!

Nan G said...

Fabulous gift set. All are so versatile.

Sandra said...

what fun! love these projects - perfect for gifts especially for the college kids!
Sandra ltb

Dame Jeanne Marie said...

These little boxes are super cute - nice project!!

Kathy said...

Your candy boxes are way cool, and love the matching cards! Great ideas!

Beejay said...

Lovely projects! So many fun things to do with these dies!

whyte said...

I have yet to acquire my first movers and shapers die......the box is adorable so may be the pushover for me. Thank you so much for such a nice tutorial!

csigaszabo said...

Nice boxes, they perfect pass to the valentine's day

Tiff said...

These are so sweet!!!! I love the little candy box!

Sonia said...

Very cool!!! What a great Valentine's day gift set.

starry43 said...

love the boxes I need to read more and learn more thanks for sharing

Lisa H said...

I love those!

Tammy Tutterow said...

Fabulous project Gretchen!

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous, love the candy box

Larissa Heskett said...

AWESOME!! I LOVE your projects!! Such AMAZING details!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Denise Bryant said...

Love the candy box! Great projects!
DeniseB

Cynthia B. said...

These projects are super-cute! Quick and easy is my mantra too...add to that CUTE, which your projects totally are, and I would be happy with any of these dies! Thanks so much for sharing.