Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happy Birthday card

I’ve got a Happy Birthday card to share with you today that combines the The Stamps of Life Stamps by Stephanie Barnard and the Sizzix Pop `n Cut Party Insert by Karen Burniston.

happy-birthday-tsol-1happy-birthday-tsol-2

I stamped on the front of the card, towards the right using the birthday4subways stamp set from TSOL, on the left side I added some patterned paper and created a border using the Scallops On The Edge die. I created balloons on the frond and inside using the balloons2cut Stamp and Die set.

For the inside of the card, I added by PNC Party insert into my PNC Base tray die and lined up the tick marks. I used a shorter piece of patterned paper on top of my insert so the finished piece would like it had a wide border around it. I added the word Party that I cut from the Party Sizzlits set.

To finish off the card, I used another stamp set from TSOL. I added a fun sentiment from the greetings4birthday set.

More details

happy-birthday-tsol-3

I added pop-dots behind the balloons to make them stand out a bit more. The “string” is cardstock I cut with my Fiskars Procision trimmer. It makes amazingly thin and accurate cuts!

happy-birthday-tsol-4

This card measures 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”. The PNC insert is created to cut vertically but you can easily cut down the paper to fit inside a horizontal card.

happy-birthday-tsol-5

I’m really loving the birthday4subways stamp! It’s actually a vertical stamp that is approximately 3-3/4” x 5-3/4” so there is actually more to it than shown in my example. You can see the extra words on the stamp HERE.

Supplies:

Other: Stamps - greetings4birthday, birthday4subways (The Stamps of Life); Stamp and Die set – balloons2cut (The Stamps of Life); Ink – Cornflower (Colorbox).
 
Do you know someone with a birthday coming up? This would be an awesome card to make for them!
blog-signature-225

1 comment:

Karen B said...

Love it! The stamping on the front is perfection and I like the wide border around the PNC on the inside. I can't believe that string is shaved cardstock! Wowza! I need that trimmer.