Thursday, January 17, 2013

CHA-W 2013 recap

journey-cha-w-2013

This photo shows Karen Burniston’s part of the Sizzix booth that showcases her new Journey collection (available in June). My favorite thing about this collection, there’s a new base that is square (it’s got a cool decorative edge too!). awesome!

658378 PNC Base Square Card

Want to see the whole Journey collection? Head on over to Karen’s blog to check it out!

CHA-W 2013 was pretty fantastic! I got to see some really great people again and meet some new ones for the first time (shout out to Erin Bassett!)and let’s not forget the awesome new products now available.

I should be doing some type of serious recap but honestly, I was so busy with Karen I didn’t take a ton of photos and only walked the floor a few times (and still didn’t see everything!). I know there are plenty of recaps to be found however, my Facebook and Twitter feeds are full of them! lol! I did get to attend an awesome Designer Cocktail Party hosted by Craft Attitude. The party as pretty fantastic… what a great way to connect with people! Craft Attitude has a pretty cool product too – be sure to visit there site!

I also got to meet Mark Montano, author of The Big-Ass Book of Bling. He was in the Eclectic Products booth signing copies of his new book.

big-bling

Eclectic Products carries a variety of adhesives, one being the new E6000 Spray Adhesive. It comes in other forms besides spray and it works on a ton of different materials. I told my husband about it and he’s pretty darned excited! You can find out more about the E6000 Series Adhesives on the Eclectic Products website. Want to see the spray adhesive in action? Check out this video by Mark Montano.

A few more photos

karen-demo

Karen Burniston demo’ing Pop `n Cuts at the Sizzix booth.

cocktail-party

With Shelly Hickox (another Sizzix Design Team member), Karen Burniston, and Jonathon Fong at the Craft Attitude Designer Cocktail Party.

Side note: Shelly is the bomb! ;-)

sh-at-coctail

Me and Stephenie Hamen, Fiskateer extrodinaire! She is the Content and Education Manager for Fiskars and she’s the sweetest person ever. I do love me some Fiskars (I’m Fiskateer!).

eh-at-cocktail

Me with Eileen Hull. She’s a licensed designer for Sizzix and makes the super cool ScoreBoards dies.

eb-at-cocktail

Erin Bassett and I. Erin has taught for all the True Scrap and is a Mixed Media Artist – and – I might add – an all around awesome person! You can check out Erin’s latest True Scrap 4 class, called Art Journaling 101: A Beginner’s Guide HERE.

Why there is no picture of Karen and I, I have no idea! I swear we got one. It’s probably living on someone’s phone, lol!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my recap. I’ll be sharing the sample I made soon! :-)

blog-signature-225[4]

4 comments:

Laurel said...

So fun! Glad you had a great time!

Maya Oren-Dahan said...

Sounds like you had a great time! You look fabulous in all pictures!

Shelly Hickox said...

Good God, I don't think I could hate that one pic of me any more. Ugh! You, on the other hand, are totes gorg and also the bomb! I miss hanging out!

Karen B said...

She really IS totes gorg, making me feel like a toad (a comparatively tall toad, that is) in said company. I actually like the picture of us, despite my shlumpy undertank and exposed bra strap. Shelly looks very innocent, like she is not pulling on a hidden rope attached to the rest of us. At any moment she could step away and we'd all topple, domino-style, to the ground.