Saturday, December 08, 2012

December Daily 2012 | Day 7

7-dd-all

One week officially down! Just like last year, my birthday seemed to find its way into my December Daily album even though it’s in November. Not gonna lie, I’m pretty darn excited about my present!

I have a ton of Washi tape so I decided that I wanted to use it to fill up some of the space on my 4” x 6” photo.

Here’s what I did: I was holding the tape over the photo to decide if I liked it, got to close and it stuck. I pulled it up and it pulled up some of my photo. Instead of reprinting, I decided to reposition and just go with it.

What I should have done: I should have laid the Washi tape out on white cardstock and cut it out, making it its own element so I could lay it wherever the heck I wanted without it sticking.

Live and learn! It turned out decent so I’m fine with it. :-)

7-dd-journal

Supplies:

Other: wooden heart
 
If you missed my foundation pages, you can check that post out here: December Daily 2012 | Foundation Pages (there’s also a complete supply list).

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Linda Jordan said...

Very cute! I saw someone before take a sample strip of each roll of washi tape they have and put it on a spare transparency. Then you can use that to test it out on your layout. I've been thinking of doing this & a post about it...I should get to that!! lol

Linda