Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving recap and a birthday in the house

I always have such high hopes for blogging over the holidays, Thanksgiving was no different. My goal for last Thursday was to actually make an super cute turkey card that said (what else!), “happy Thanksgiving” on it. Since you see no turkey card before this post, I’m sure you can deduce that didn’t happen, lol!

Instead of writing blog entries to set or working on projects that I needed and more importantly – wanted – to make, I did something else. I just relaxed and enjoyed my family. Crazy right?

tgiving-week-2012

My daughter came home from college on the November 16th and from there my days were just full. I wanted to spend time with her and then the boys had a short week so things were just buy. A good busy. The kind of busy where the next thing you know it’s Thursday and you’re putting turkey in the oven and then the next thing you know, it’s Monday morning and you’re saying goodbye to that very same daughter that came to visit because it was time for her to go back to school.

Our week consisted of the Renaissance Festival, buying a new tree (we’d had the last one for 11 years!), ice skating, we went out to dinner, and did some normal errand running. We stayed up way to late and woke up way to early and just enjoyed our time. It was perfect!

A Birthday In The House

bday-boy

My youngest is 11 today! He is excited to take treats to school to his friends… so of course I had to get a picture. This past week he was pretty bummed his sister wouldn’t be here for his birthday however. To help remedy that, on Sunday we picked up a ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins to have an early mini celebration, so she could be here. Genius of a mother that I am forgot to take a picture of his cute little (and may I say delicious!) cake. He enjoyed it none the less!

And now? I’m catching up on projects, cleaning, and doing some shopping. I’m also getting ready for December Daily 2012! It starts on Saturday! Cannot wait! I’m also trying to ignore the fact that I think I might be getting sick. Never good. To much to do for that… because there is ever a good time?

Have a great week everyone!

blog-signature-2251

4 comments:

Maya Oren-Dahan said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Your little boy doesn't look that little any more...
Happy Birthday to him!

Karen B said...

Happy Birthday to Drew! (And someone else tomorrow *cough*) Where else but in a gscrapbooks creative recap can you see a man ice skating in shorts, a Christmas tree, and a camel? Your family is fun!

Dani said...

Sounds like a fabulous Thanksgiving! Drink plenty of fluids and get your vitamin C we can prevent you from getting sick!!

Linda Jordan said...

Sounds like you had a fun thanksgiving! I love ice skating, I'm looking forward to going in December...it is one of my goals for December [to go ice skating in central park]. I'm so exciting for December Daily also!! I hope you don't get sick!

I am now following you :)

Linda