Tuesday, November 06, 2012

organize that Washi!

Got Washi? I know I do. Washi is pretty, easy to use, and relatively inexpensive. When I I had just a few rolls (thanks Target!) it was pretty easy to organize. Then I got some more… and then some more. I had to come up with a solution to store it because all of it sitting in my little plastic basket on my desk wasn’t cutting it anymore. 

1washi

My solution – long, thin plastic containers in the storage section from Wal-Mart. The containers are the Wal-Mart Mainstays brand and come three in a set and it fits the Washi perfectly! (The containers are approximately 10” x 3” each).

2washi

Because I like to be organized and source product, I needed a solution for when I took the Washi out of the packaging to store it. My solution – return address labels! They are thin enough that they fit perfectly inside each Washi roll.

4washi

I’m storing the Washi containers inside the main part of my work desk. I can open my cabinets and easily see the Washi and grab what I need. I’ve also got room for two more containers but hopefully I can keep my new found Washi addiction in check.

3washi

Here’s a full view of my cabinets that contain my Washi, embellishments, and ribbon. As you can see, I like to store my things by color. This method really works for me.

Wondering what to do with your Washi?

Check out this scrapinar by the talented Monica Bradford from Scrap Inspired called Washi Tape WaHoo. It’s full of dozens ideas of cool things you can do with Washi Tape. It’s currently being offered for $7 for a limited time. I’ll be honest and say, this scrapinar is what started my Washi addiction… thanks Monica! ;-)

How do you store your Washi? I’m always looking for great ideas!

2 comments:

New England Paper Crafts said...

YES! Great idea to label those rolls! Not that I EVER forget where I sourced a product . . . ;)

Monica said...

Yay for washi tape! Let the addiction continue. :)