Thursday, August 30, 2012

welcome baby | card

welcome-baby-1

Things are finally settling down and I carved out some time to make my younger brother and his wife a card congratulating them on their first child, a brand new baby boy. :-)

I used a Sizzix Flip-its die and some cute stamps from The Stamps of Life for my card. I decided I wanted a coordinating envelope so I stamped a row of duckies on the bottom of one and wa-la! everything is matchy matchy! 

Front

welcome-baby-2

Inside

welcome-baby-3

The Flip-its are a one piece construction so when you pull the ends apart, it flips open. I stamped a simple rattle on the inside because I wanted to leave some space to write a personalized greeting.

Instructions

  • Cut two Circle Flip-its cards, one out of white and one out of patterned paper. Cut the patterned paper card away from the circle along the fold line lines and then glue those two cut pieces down onto your white card front. Round corners of card.
  • Use the Circle Framelits to cut two circles that will fit onto the center of the Circle Flip-its front, one out of darker cardstock and one out of white. Glue down darker circle, stamp sentiment and image onto white and glue down that piece also.
  • Stamp an image on the top inside circle of your Circle Flip-its card and then tie a ribbon on the right hand side.
  • Lastly, stamp a row of images onto the bottom of hand portion of your envelope. ta-da! Your card and matching envelope are complete.

Supplies:

InLinkz.com
Stamps: onesie4baby, basic4abc (The Stamps of Life). Other: patterned paper – Planetarium (Super Stud, Bella Blvd); cardstock, ribbon.

Welcome to the world baby Brooks! :-)

Happy Thursday!blog-signature-225

1 comment:

Karen B said...

So adorable! Babies are such a nice way to start people! (I have a rubber stamp that says that, lest you think I thought that up)