Tuesday, August 21, 2012

my crazy life and a layout to share

Sometimes life gets a little bit crazy… and I mean crazy with a cray-ZAY!!!! On August 7th we went to an Astros game, it was great but towards the end of the game I started feeling not so great. The next day I was full blown sick.

Bad timing. I mean really, is there ever a good time to get sick? But it was pretty darn bad. We were leaving the next week to take our daughter to college. I was completely floored. Thank God for my wonderful husband because he did everything. And I mean everything!

He took me to a doctors appointment I don’t even remember. He purchased all the last minute stuff we thought of for our college bound girl and he took her clothes shopping. What 18 year old girl doesn’t want to go clothes shopping with her dad? ha! He made sure everyone was fed and still managed to take our 10 year old to the pool almost every night. He’s rather awesome. ;-)

He packed up the truck and we headed off on a very long drive (almost 13 hours thank you very much!). I was better by this point but far from 100%. So, we had our great big road trip, got our college freshman all moved in (sniff!), made a side trip to see my 94 year old grandma, and then headed back home. Somewhere in the middle of all that I became an aunt again too… that’s rather cool!

college-dormThe Dad and The College Girl

And after all that, I’m still not 100% well. Now it’s just an annoying cough but I can function (and blog!) so I guess that means I’m almost all the way better.

And that’s my past two weeks in a nutshell!

Moving on…

I’ve got an announcement to share at the end of this week so stay tuned for that! I’ve also got some creating to do… and some more creating to do. Nothing like getting sick and having to go out of town to get you behind. Throw in getting two boys ready for school and getting myself back into my exercise routine and life just continues to be cray-ZAY!

In honor of my beautiful daughter, I leave you with a layout featuring her. :-)

she said yes | layout

(yes to going to prom, thank you very much.)

she-said-yes

I love how this layout turned out – and love that I have so many Prom photos of my daughter to work with! There’s minimal product on this page and I decided to add a bit of whimsy by adding the journaling around the photos. I like that effect. :-)

Supplies: white cardstock (Bazzill), Jeweled Florettes (Petaloo), Millennium 03 tip (Zig), pink cardstock, letter stickers (Making Memories).

Have a great week!

gscrapbooks.blogspot

2 comments:

lizzie said...

Love the LO and what a creative way to ask her to prom!!

Maya said...

You've been busy! Glad you feel better now.
Love the layout with the journaling and the date stamp!