Friday, July 20, 2012

so happy for you card | tutorial

Happy Friday everyone! I’ve got a new tutorial to share making this So Happy For You card using several awesome Sizzix dies, various stamps, and pretty Heidi Swapp papers. I’m thrilled with how my project turned out and am excited to share!

so-happy-for-you-frontso-happy-for-you-inside

For this card, I used the Sizzix Pop `n cuts XL Die and Circle Label, a Fancy Labels Framelit, flowers from the Hello Sizzlits set, and the label from the Love Sizzlits set. I also used the “for you” from the Sweet Treats for You Sizzlit set and the zig zags are from the Borders and Hydrangeas Sizzix die (totally loving the zig zags!).

1-pnc

Start by cutting your patterned paper with the Pop `n Cut base tray and Circle Label insert, fold according to package instructions.

2-backing

Cut a coordinating piece of patterned paper to be the outer cover of your card. Your cut piece will be 4 “ x 11”. Score at the 5-1/2” mark, fold in half, and round corners. This will cover the opening that the PNC (Pop `n Cut) creates.

3-pnc-backing-assembled

Add your cut PNC piece to your outer cover and adhere everything in place.

4-black-on-black

I decided I wanted my card front to have a bit more pop so I used some flower stamps and black ink on the front of my card. Since I decided to do this after my outer cover and PNC piece were glued together, I laid a Post It note on the edge of the black paper so when stamped, no ink would go onto my teal and white piece of patterned paper.

In retrospect it would have been easier to stamp first and then glue everything together but crafty ideas don’t always come to me that way so I made it work the best I could. I’m glad I did it, I love the black on black effect.

5-label-and-stamping

Next, stamp your sentiment onto coordinating patterned paper, cut out and glue to the card front as shown. Cut out a label using another piece of coordinating patterned paper and the 3-1/4” x 3” Fancy Label Framlit and adhere it to the front of your card also.

6-flowers

Use the Hello Sizzlits set to cut out six flowers and inner pieces using coordinating patterned papers. Five will be used on the outside of your card, one on the inside.

7-flowers-assembled

Use a black pen to add some definition to your flowers as show in and then glue down the center pieces on each flower.

9-flowers-close

Bend your flower petals forward gently to give them a bit of dimension and then add them to your label on the front of your card in a cluster using Glue Dots.

8-finished-front

The front of your card is now complete. :-)

10-zig-zag

Time to move onto the inside! Using the your Borders and Hydrangeas Sizzix die, cut two zig zag pieces out.

11-zig-zag-and-pnc

Glue down your zig zag pieces to the top and bottom of the inside of your card as shown.

12-pnc-decorated

It’s time to decorate your PNC! Cut out a label using coordinating patterned paper and your Love Sizzlit set and glue it down to your Pop `n Cut front. Next, cut a “for you” from the Sweet Treats For You Sizzlits set using another piece of coordinating patterned paper, adding a piece of black paper behind the words to really make them stand out. Add a ribbon through the hole, tie it, and glue the “for you” down on top of your label. Lastly, add your previously made flower, bending the edges a bit and using a glue dot to adhere.

13-inside

To finish off your card, stamp a sentiment and several small groups of flowers on your card… and you’re done! Don’t forget to drop the card in the mail to someone special. :-)

Supplies:

Other: daisies2garden (The Stamps of Life), corner rounder.

CHA

I got back from CHA late last night… or was that early this morning? Had a GREAT time! It was pretty amazing. I need to do a whole post about it… soon! 

Have a great weekend! I’m going to enjoy being back home!

2 comments:

Karen B said...

This card is so fabulous, G! Thanks for all your help at CHA. Now if I could just wake up ....heh.

Eileen Hull said...

Love how you used the rick rack border :-) So nice to meet you at CHA but already felt like I knew you!