Saturday, July 28, 2012

Happy Day project featuring Eileen Hull’s Index Card Folder ScoreBoards die by Sizzix

ic-happy-day-1

Happy Saturday everyone! If you’ve arrived here from the Sizzix blogwelcome! I’ve got a fun project to share with you today featuring one of Eileen Hull’s Scoreboards Dies from Sizzix. For my project, I used the Index Card Folder die and a few other dies from Eileen’s Sweet Treats line.

ic-happy-day-2

Because I love pop-ups, I decided to add one of those too! The Scallop Circle die fits perfectly inside the Index Card die. I just had to make an second crease on the main scallop part along the fold of the Index Card die to make it work.

ic-happy-day-4

To get a perfect fit for my paper onto the finished Index Card Folder die cut, I used a spray adhesive on the mat board, added my paper, and then ran everything through my Big Shot with the die. No trimming! It' fits perfect thanks to the die.

ic-happy-day-3

I had some circle velcro tabs in my stash and decided to use them as the closure. The label that “happy day” is stamped on is from the Sizzix Labels & Buttons die.

ic-happy-day-5

The pretty flowers are from the Sizzix Borders & Hydrangeas die. I made a valley fold in all the petals and layered large ones with smaller pedals and secured them together with a brad.

I’d never used a Scoreboard die before, it was a lot of fun! The possibilities of what you can do with them are endless and Eileen’s made quite a few to choose from.

Supplies for this project:

InLinkz.com
Other: love2hug (The Stamps of Life), ribbon, brads, cardstock, velcro tabs.
 
Be sure to head on over to the Sizzix blog to see what the other Sizzix Design Team members have made using Eileen’s awesome dies. There’s a GIVEAWAY too! Also, make sure to visit Eileen Hull’s blog for more fabulous projects and inspiration.
 
Have a great weekend!

gscrapbooks.blogspot

7 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

Get out!! I love the idea of adding a pop-up! This is too cute!

Anna-Karin said...

Such a fun idea to add a pop-up on the inside! Love the flowers too and the happy feeling of the project. TFS!!

Eileen Hull said...

Gretchen- love love love this... especially the surprise pop-up inside :-) Fun papers and colors too- thanks for trying a ScoreBoard my friend!

butterfly said...

Fabulous pop-up surprise... these dies are so versatile! Great to see what the whole team has come up with. Thank you for the inspiration!
Alison x

Jan said...

What a great idea to add the pop-up inside! I've been eyeing that hydrangea die, I think it might have to go on my wish list! Love this project!

Candace Jedrowicz said...

Adorable!

Louise said...

I love the idea of the Pop-up inside! I love pop-ups!