Thursday, May 10, 2012

three new layouts to share

I’ve got a few new LOAD layouts to share… LOAD commentary in a bit.

The Alligators

the-alligatorsclick to see larger versions: left side | right side

A two pager! Grouping photos together like this is one of my favorite ways to create a layout. I have more photos of this day that I need to scrap but these were my favorites. I think I might use some We R Memory Keeper Page Protectors for the rest of them.

Grandma Frances

grandma-frances

I am so thankful for my Grandma. She I am also extremely thankful for the relationship that she and my daughter have. They’re pen pals and because of the letters that Grandma sends, I have learned so many things about her life. I held onto the note she sent with the photo that I used in the layout (I scanned and printed it), which tells what her life was like at 13. I think I get my memory keeping gene from her. 

Daisy

daisy

Ah Daisy. My buddy. Love her!

I also came to a realization while creating this layout… I don't always want or need to use embellishments. It was a very refreshing realization.

Don’t get me wrong, I like my embellishments... my buttons, chipboard, little bits of fun. Sometimes though I feel like I use them because I have it, because it’s part of some premade formula for layout creating I have in my head. I finished this layout though and thought – it’s perfect as is. No embellishments. ahh. refreshing.

More about LOAD

So far so good in the keeping up department but if I’m being honest… I’m feeling the pressure. I don’t know how long I’ll be able to keep it up. If it was just LOAD it wouldn’t be a problem, but I have other assignments and deadlines too so everything combined is making me stop and take a few deep breaths. Let’s not forget it’s the end of the school year so I’m up to my eye balls in end of the year activities (the busyness of next week scares me!).

This is when I have to remind myself that I’m doing a heck of a lot more scrapping than I have been and that the pressure that I’m feeling is what I am creating for myself. Unnecessary pressure. No LOAD police will show up if I miss a day. Note to self: relax and take it one day at a time and enjoy the process.

I’m throwing caution to the wind and doing one big supply list covering all three layouts:

InLinkz.com
Other: red patterned paper, brown cardstock, Tiny Type (Cosmo Cricket)
 
I’ve got a big ol’ to-do list to get to so I guess I’d better do just that… get to it!
 
Here’s to being productive!

2 comments:

Jennifer Smith Sloane said...

Loving all this greatness that you have created Gretchen! :)

Libby said...

I, for one, am loving that you are scrapbooking again. I LOVE your style and am pretty sure I will end scrapbooking every one of them. The one of Daisy is a particular favourite ... we all know why :-).
Don't be too hard on yourself. I don't get to my load layout everyday, even though that is the goal. I usually miss the weekends and just catch up during the week. I figure it's way more than what I got done last month :-).