Saturday, May 26, 2012

“best of the web” and a few more layouts

I’m rather excited, my blog My Scrappiness and Other Simple, Everyday Ramblings was just chosen as "Best of the Web" by PocketChange.com, a popular lifestyle blog. How fun is that? I am so thrilled to have it recognized! When you have a chance, please head on over to PocketChange.com and check them out. They also have an excellent Tip section too so make sure to take a look around for some great ideas. And if you’re hear thanks to PocketChange.com, welcome! Happy to have you here!

Layouts

dont-tell-mom-popcorn

I love the eCAL software you can get for the eclips. I wanted a specific title and of course didn’t have enough letter stickers to spell everything out. I just typed everything into the program, adjusted the height and font (Impact), and cut it out. easy-peasy! 

i-am-spongebob

My little Spongebob! These photos are from a few Halloween’s ago. I actually made the costume. I took so many photos of him – an obscene amount really – in this costume and I haven’t scrapped any of them I don’t think. I was happy to finally get them on a page and I really like how it turned out. I have to say, I really like the little felt heart on there, I cut it from one of the hearts that comes with the Butterfly Kisses Alphabet set.

Supplies:

InLinkz.com
Other: patterned paper from my stash, felt, blue cardstock.

Other Stuff

It turned out to be another busy week. I worked on a new project and video for Create Scrapbooks (it’s for the beginning of June so keep your eye out for that). Thursday was my daughters last Orchestra Banquet, it was a great night! It’s tradition for the Senior girls to wear their Prom dresses again… they all looked so pretty!  Last night our home was invaded by eight 17 year old boys that sucked down all our pop and consumed more pizza than I thought imaginable. They all stayed up late playing video games (big surprise!) and are still in vary states of sleep on my living room floor. My 10 year old is in the living room trying to watch cartoons surrounded by sleeping boys, it’s rather amusing.

Today should actually be a pretty quiet day and I am looking forward to that. Next weekend will be hectic again (graduation!!!) so being able to sit and do nothing will be nice.

Okay – that’s all folks! Happy Saturday!!!

1 comment:

Karen B said...

Wow! Congrats on being featured, G. I can think of no better blog for them to pick! Love your layouts, too. You make me want to scrapbook!