Tuesday, April 24, 2012

weekend recap… and Monday too!

It was an amazing weekend. I can’t remember the last time I’ve been so inspired creatively. Actually, this weekend and True Scrap made me think about a lot of things, including how I create, what kind of rut I might be stuck in, and how I want to change that. I’m excited to implement some of my ideas.

On Friday I was doing this…

4-24-ts3

Watching True Scrap live and coloring images from my Critters Ever After stamp set.

On Saturday my prize from Crafter’s Companion came that I won on Facebook…

4-24-markers

These Spectrum Noir markers are alcohol based, similar to Copics. I have not ever used the Copics so I wont be able to compare. I’m hoping I like these because they certainly have a better price point. I’m looking forward to trying them out this week.

On Sunday I played with my Sizzix eclips and eCAL software…

4-24-love

I’m learning as I go with this machine… thank goodness it’s super easy to use! I am really liking it! Sizzix also has a ton of videos on their site if I need any guidance. The “love” above is my handwriting. How cool is that?!

4-24-journal-card

I made myself a journaling card too. I am so glad that I finally got to sit and just play with the software. The possibilities of what I’m going to be able to do between the cartridges and software is endless.

Next I’m working on this…

4-24-awesome-tag

On to Monday…

On Saturday and Sunday my husband rode in the MS150. Sometimes the Monday following he stays home but not always. This year he was extremely sore (Saturday it was super windy while he was riding) so he stayed home and we hung out, doing a whole lot of nothing. We also went to lunch. That turned into a lunch coma and me falling a sleep on the couch, lol! He then pulled out his camera and showed me some photos from the ride.

These are two of my favorites.

unicycle

The guy in the red shirt… he’s on a unicycle. My husband has seen him over the years on the ride. I have no idea what his name is but we just call him unicycle guy! I think this ride is a huge task anyway, but on a unicycle, that’s just amazing!

This one is my favorite. My husband… his shadow at least. His view. His tire (which at one point he got a flat!).

bike-tire

I’m a proud wifey. :-)

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: