Friday, January 27, 2012

you’re my stud-muffin card featuring Pop `n Cuts

Remember I said I was going to have some samples to show you using the new Pop `n Cuts? Well, I’m a woman of my word! Here’s the first one I have to share. :-)

stud-muffin-1

When you open the card there’s some extra wow! The inside and outside are created with the new Pop `n Cuts system by Karen Burniston for Sizzix. (Check out the Pop `n Cuts video for more detail).

stud-muffin-2stud-muffin-3

When you cut the card using the XL die, the corners automatically round. I love that feature! There are only a few simple folds to create the inside so it’s super easy to make. It takes maybe 20 seconds to fold, that’s all. Makes it a little bit more dynamic don’t you think?

To make the floating heart, I used the Heart Mover’s and Shapers die inside the Circle Label. I cut a page protector to size and glued it behind the label. I then glued the smaller heart that I cut from another piece of patterned paper into the center of the heart. wa-la! floating! cool eh?

Supplies:

  • Sizzix Pop `n Cuts XL Die Set – Card, Horizontal A2 w/Circle Label, 3-d (Pop-Up) #657802
  • Sizzix Movers & Shapers Magnetic Die Set 2PK – Heart & Wing Set #657793
So, what do you think? Pretty cool right?

2 comments:

adele said...

very cool! love the floating heart :)

Karen B said...

Everyone who has seen this card has loved it, G! Thanks for making such killer samples! I'll try not to get them stolen. Oh - and broke out the Snape card for someone yesterday. Someday you'll get that back . . .