Thursday, January 05, 2012

hello 2012.

I’m trying to get back into the swing of things. It seems to be proving a difficult task since Christmas hit and I went into do a whole lot of nothing and hang out with the kids mode.

The kids went back to school yesterday so normal life resumes. Problem is, I’m still feeling like I want to do a whole lot of nothing! I pretty much made myself get out of the house and run a few errands. The more regular things I do, the more I feel like things are getting back to normal.

I did stop by JoAnn’s and scored this awesome new punch (that sure made me feel a whole lot better!) 

jester

love it! It’s called Jester. Super cute, right?

Creative Agenda

  • Finish my December Daily! I’m almost done. So close yet so far away. I have three days to do, the cover, introduction and closing pages. must. find. motivation. Finding that motivation is hard to do when I’m holiday-ed out!
  • The Stamps of Life for Create Scrapbooks. I’ve got some cute new stamps to work with.
  • CHA is soon. I’ll have samples to make for Karen. She’s got new stuff coming out for Sizzix. Major awesomeness. Major! `nough said.
  • I might be up to a little something else too! ;-)

Other Stuff

I’ve been making good use of my new Kindle Touch. I read the Hunger Games trilogy. Is it wrong that as soon as I was finished, I wanted to start rereading it? Now I’m on to Heart Shaped Boxapparently I’m going to be scared. We shall see.

I use Goodreads.com to keep track of all the books I want to read. I’m doing another reading challenge this year (my goal is to read 24 books). If you haven’t ever checked out Goodreads, I highly recommend it.

And that’s it for today. :-)

Have a wonderful 2012!!!

5 comments:

Lynnette said...

I read that book, it's pretty good. You know it's written by Stephen King's son? The new punch is fab!

Laura C said...

Gretchen - I am about where you are on the December Daily Album. Totally holidayed out - I need to put the journaling all in place, and bind it and I'm done but the energy to even finish that . . .

kellystar said...

just added goodreads to my ipod apps...I loved the Hunger Games too, and like you I read them all quickly. Now, I don't remember what happened in which book. It might be frustrating to see the movie coming out knowing what's going to happen in the other two books---eek. Also, got Night Circus for Christmas and can't wait to dig into that one.

Having jester punch envy too---I want that one

wendyp said...

I just finished the first book in the Hunger Games this week and can't wait to start the next. Unfortunately housework and scrapping takes a backseat to the book once I get hooked. Might have to wait to start it until after I get some assignments done, lol!

Debby said...

I picked up a few Jenni Bowlin/Fiskars punches myself. I bought Mom a Kindle Fire and she is reading like crazy. I guess I need to get my reading on with my iPad.