Monday, November 14, 2011

December Daily 2011 | Foundation Pages

My foundation pages for my December Daily album are done – woo! go me! As mentioned in my previous post about prep work I did some debating on the size but am really happy I chose to go with another 6” x 6” album again. It seems to be a good size for me.

The set up is pretty much the same throughout the album with a few alterations. All the left hand pages contain white cardstock that have been embossed with a 25 Days of Christmas Textured Impressions by Sizzix. There’s a strip of cardstock and patterned paper on the bottom, and a label die from the Celebrate Sizzlits Set by Sizzix and that shows a number signifying the day. For that number, I used the Vintage Market alphabet set by Sizzix. I can’t tell you how much I adore the look of the white embossed cardstock. It’s so crisp and clean, I love it! For the right hand page I used a coordinating piece of patterned paper with a piece of Frosty Snow Flakes Screen Print by Hambly in between.

Foundation Pages:

Throughout the album will alternate between these two basic designs (feel free to click on the images to make them all bigger):

decdaily11-foundation-1decdaily11-foundation-2

Odd numbered pages have a Hambly Screen Print in between that were cut with an Ornamental die, I cut the print using about 3/4 of the die. The even numbered pages use a 6” x 6” piece of Hambly. I alternate colors throughout.

Here are all the inside pages:

decdaily11-foundation-pages

Close up details:

decdaily11 foundation detail

I used the Season’s Greetings Collection from Echo Park and threw in some Fancy pants. I think it mixed together well. I originally pulled ribbon out to use but haven’t yet… don’t know if I’ll use it at all actually but it’s out, just in case!

Supplies:

Notes (or lessons learned from last year):

This year I am not adding a lot of decoration before hand or any pre-done journaling spots to the inside pages. Last year I had added those extras and found it difficult to work around when I had a lot to say or wanted to use more than one photo. This year I decided to be a little more loose and wing it a bit (if you know me, this is huge! I’m pretty structured). The Season's Greetings Collection came with two sticker sheets and a sheet of cut-outs for journaling so I plan on incorporating those as I go. I’m keeping all my extra December Daily papers and items together so they’re at the ready when December comes.

What about the cover, title page, and closing page?

One thing at a time! Last year I drug my feet on all three of these, I’m sure this year will be no exception.

Just for fun:

Alright, that’s it. Longest post ever right? Happy Monday!

10 comments:

lizzie said...

Ummmm that's pretty amazing! way better then my smash book i made hahaa

Karen B said...

Wowza! This turned out awesome, G! I love the way the white embossed pages look with the labeled numbers. Just perfect! Plus, those transparencies are made of win. Good choice to add them!

Tara Noel said...

What a beautiful project! The thought given to simple details is extraordinary. I would have to agree with you on embossed white card stock-it's like a field of undisturbed snow.

Eileen Hull said...

Also loving the embossed white page! What a great project!

having a {me} day said...

WOW! This looks really inspiring. Makes me want to have a go. I love minis. I love how you've kept it simple yet structured so that you can add to as you go. keeleyxx

Nancy W said...

Looks great Gretchen!! xoxo from Conroe, TX

Wahkuna Maelyn said...

Your DD foundation pages came out great! Everything coordinates so well together, awesome job! This is slightly intimidating to me, (since I'm just beginning my pages now) but I'm hoping to get pretty far in the next week and 1/2 before December arrives (wish me luck)! Also, thanks for the great DD tips, they are much appreciated! *wink*

katemeri said...

I just found your blog from your link to it on 2peas. Wow! I decided this week that I want to do a December daily album. I've been looking for ideas and inspiration and loved your 2010 book that I saw in the 2peas gallery. Thanks so much for sharing your work and your tips and tricks!

blupixy said...

This is my first year making a December Daily album and I found your pics on Two Peas! Thanks for sharing. I had such scrappers block and your foundation pages were a great inspiration to me! Thanks!

Debby said...

This is awesome. It is creative, clean lines, and very inviting. You did a marvelous job! Thank you for sharing.