Tuesday, October 25, 2011

weekend recap (and then some!)

Saturday

On Saturday Karen and I headed to that crazy Swedish utopia that is Ikea so she could order some new cabinets for her home office.

(she’s got two highly amusing blog entries on how we got to this point – Flat Earth Confession and Curvature of the Earth. And just so you know, she took a little creative license with that whole tiger comment. ha.)

Ikea messed something up on part of her order and getting it changed cost us half our life… but I got some delicious Cinnamon Buns out of it and that totally made up for it.

Sunday

On Sunday Karen and I went to a crop for the Fiskateers…aptly titled called United States of Fiskateers Crop for Texas. If you’ve never heard of the Fiskateers, it’s a a supportive community with a message board and gallery where people and encourage one another and share there love of Fiskars. There are challenges, online crops, and a plethora of goodness so it’s something I encourage you to check out.

I had such a good time at the crop! Making new friends, seeing everyone's projects, and hanging out with people that really get it. It was a fantastic day! And thanks to our hostess with the mostess Lizzie, for putting on such an awesome spread!

What did I get done at the crop? Drum roll please… this one card! And before you say, “she only got one card done in 6 hours?” I have to tell you, I got one card done! woo! I was actually surprised… crops for me are a social-get-out-of-the-house-and-chat-with-awesome-people thing. It’s not a time for me to be productive so that fact that I actually completed a project is pretty darn impressive.

happy-holidays-penguin

Supplies:

Other: stamps (penguins4Christmas, The Stamps of Life), Square Flip-it (Stephanie Barnard, Sizzix).

Monday

Yesterday I got my project for the Sizzix Fresh Vintage Blog Hop done. Look for that on November 3rd. It turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself. I’m using some cool papers from Grant Studios which is an Australian company. The hop continues (every Tuesday and Thursday) so you can check it out today too.

Tuesday

Today it’s The Stamps of Life Day (at least for me!). I’ll be working on projects and a new video. I really enjoy making the videos, I don’t know if I’ll ever get used to the whole talking to yourself thing though. At least the kids are back in school and I get no extra commentary after I mess up. ;-)

Wednesday

Tomorrow – heading to Karen’s! (thank goodness she only lives 10 minutes from me – if that!). Ikea is coming to put her cabinets in today and since I’m absolutely obsessed with organizing (love, love, love it!) I begged to help. I think I said something like, “don’t you dare put anything away without me.” It’s probably wrong I’m so excited and it’s not even my office but as my teenage daughter would say, whatever!

And now it’s time to start my day… kids out the door, walk the dog, workout, get cleaned up, and get `er done!

Happy Tuesday friends!

3 comments:

Karen B said...

Did your family devour the cinnamon rolls as fast as mine? It was like the roadrunner came through and left a cloud of dust where the package had been. (I lifted that analogy from 2 Broke Girls) They are kicking the installation! We will have plenty to organize tomorrow. Looking at my list, I'm wondering if I even have enough cabinet space! Time to purge some stuff...

Maya said...

I so wish I lived close to you. I am in serious need of your organization skills LOL
Glad you enjoyed the crop. Our crop is coming in 10 days! I am super excited.

Viji Siddharth said...

Oh my! I love these! Awesome work gretchen!