Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge #20 | bon voyage

It’s been a while since I participated in a Lawnscaping challenge and I’ve really missed it. I’ve got a few unopened Lawn Fawn stamp sets that are still in the package (gasp!) and they were calling me so I decided to break one open and take part of the current challenge.

bon-voyage-1bon-voyage-2

I used a the Sizzix Scallop Oval Framelit to create the card base. After I folded the paper over, I made sure there was a bit of the Scallop Framelit hanging off the edge of the crease so that portion of the paper would not get cut, creating the connected portion of the card. I like the effect with the scallop. :-)

Supplies:

Other: patterned paper (from my scrap drawer), yellow cardstock.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

9 comments:

...:::Paulina:::... said...

This card is just darling! Love the pp you used to paper piece!

Barb said...

eeek!!!! so cute! i love those pp clouds and the loopy frame you created. great card.

Jeanette Marchand said...

Sorry, deleted my first post.
I love your clouds!
The scalloped oval shape is perfect for your cute, cheery card.

melania deasy said...

Oh....sooo cute, perfect paperpiecing...the design is perfect too :)Thank u for playing at Lawnscaping :)

Karen B said...

Adorable! Your stamping is always so perfect! Love the notebook paper as the clouds!

Laurel said...

It's about time you played along with us again! LOL! I love this... Love the card shape, the paper pieced images and your pen work around the oval! AWESOME card!

Ayana Posadas said...

Fantastic paper piecing, Gretchen!!! I totally love the shape of the card too. Very cute!! I'm so glad you joined the Lawnscaping Challenge. :)

Lynnette said...

Welcome back! The scalloped base compliments the clouds so well. The paper-piecing is fabulous. Great to see you playing at Lawnscaping again :)

lizzie said...

SOOOOOO cute! just like you!!!