Monday, October 10, 2011

getting ready for Christmas

(Why yes, I did say Christmas!)

I can’t believe I’ve already purchased something for Christmas! I’m not sure if I should classify that as ahead of the game or just plain crazy! I’m going with ahead of the game since I’ll need it for December 1st… and I currently don’t feel like admitting I’m crazy! ha!

I ordered a Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar. I figured my 9 year old son would really get a kick out of it. I was surprised when my 16 year old son was really excited about it too. He was really pushing for the Star Wars one. I was debating between Lego City 7553 and Lego City 2824 but hey! I’m all for holding on to my kids being little as long as possible so I figured going for the Star Wars one would be the smart choice. My 17 year old daughter did not care at all… that doesn’t surprise me in the least considering she’s not really a Star Wars or Lego’s fan. I need to figure out something fun to do for her this year since I’ve got the boys covered. The Advent Calendar will be a new tradition for us. I’m excited about it.

I know December is a while away but I’ve already got Christmas on the brain. I’ve purchased the papers I’m going to use for the December Daily album this year. I went with the Season’s Greetings collection by Echo Park.

What do you think? Perfect right? I’m glad I went with the pack because it’s got extra element stickers and journaling spots. It should make assembly easy-peasy. I’m really excited about this years December Daily.

What did I do last year for December Daily? Check it out HERE on my blog or HERE in my Flickr album.

December Daily 2010 | Side View

Anyone else out there ahead of the game and prepping for Christmas?

2 comments:

Karen B said...

"Anyone else out there ahead of the game and prepping for Christmas?" - not a bit. *sigh* Love that you are, though.

Libby said...

Great choice of paper. I've bought a pack too but I can't remember which one - either BoBunny or Echo Park. And I've bought an 8x8 album to use. Love December Daily - such a fun way to celebrate a special month and I always love getting out previous years and looking through them.