Sunday, July 03, 2011

sharing some red, white, and blue lanterns | fun decoration idea

redwhitebluelanterns-all

I decided to add a little 4th of July cheer to our patio with some red, white, and blue lanterns. They are so easy to make! I used  the Lanterns 3-D Bigz Die from Sizzix (designed by the awesome Karen Burniston). I just assembled them and hung them up. I was actually going to step it up a notch and add white stars to them when I realized that I had no star punch or die cut. Oh well! I think using patterned paper adds its own touch of decoration and hung them as is. What do you think? Fun right?

redwhitebluelanterns

click on the picture above to make it bigger

The lanterns are so versatile too. Just change out the paper and they’ll fit any theme. Birthdays, baby showers, Christmas, Halloween… the possibilities are endless. You can easily add decoration to them also to give them some extra pizzazz. You know, extra decorations like stars for The 4th of July (now if I could only figure out why I own no star punch or die cut… how is that possible!)

Hope you’re having a great holiday weekend! Be safe!

2 comments:

Karen B said...

they look so festive! Love, love, love!!!

Laurel said...

Wow! I am loving these lanterns! LOVING THEM!!!!!