Tuesday, June 28, 2011

what’s the scoop? card

At the top of my to-do list today: make a video tutorial for Create Scrapbooks that is for Friday. I was all ready to go, hit record, and what do I get? A flashing battery! Don’t you love it when you have everything all planned out and then one tiny – yet very important thing – screws it up?! I was all ready in creative mode so I decided to put the battery charging time to good use and create a card. It looks good enough to eat right?

whats-the-scoop-tsol

I decided to pull out the embossing powder for the border… a last minute decision. I love the results but trying to get everything out and done quickly can result in a very big mess (and lots of white powder on my floor!).

Supplies: scream4icecream #21, cone2dish, and borders4me stamp sets (The Stamps of Life), blue cardstock (Bazzill), Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up), Summer Days 6x6 Paper Pad (Echo Park Paper Co.), Sea Foam White embossing powder (Ranger), Whisper White pigment ink (Stampin’ Up), black dye ink (Hero Hues, Hero Arts), black pen (American Crafts).

Other stuff

I take the big kids for their driving test tomorrow. That means they’ll officially have their licenses (because I’m totally optimistic that they’ll pass!) and can drive with out me. Holy crap on a cracker Batman! That scares the crud out of me!!! They got so big, so fast. When they were little it was like they’d be small forever and now I’ll have a Junior and a Senior in high school. *sigh* Okay! Enough of that… or I’ll get all sappy and what not. Wish `em luck tomorrow!

Hope you’re having a great week!

2 comments:

Jayma Malme said...

Super cute! You sure did put your time waiting to good use :) Good luck with teenage drivers!!!

Karen B said...

Love the card! The border is awesome and well worth getting out the dustbuster! Ha. I know your smart responsible bigs will pass today - I have no doubt!