Friday, June 10, 2011

we’ve moved card

weve-moved

Not gonna lie… I love this card. I’m not sure if it’s the house stamp or the pop-up or the colors of the Echo Park papers… maybe it’s everything together. It turned out exactly how I wanted, I love it when that happens! I had a plan, I saw it in my head, I went to make it as envisioned, and it came out exactly as I imagined. That does not always happen so I’m pretty proud of myself with this one.

Card notes

On the left side of the card, I did not apply adhesive to a section of the patterned paper so a “calling card” with the new address could be slipped in. I added the row of houses from the stamp set underneath to give it a bit of decoration.

The Pull Tag die is very cool. It actually has an open space in the front of the tag but I decided to cover it up with the big house (it was a perfect fit!). I like that when the tag is pulled – revealing the inside message – that the roof sticks up beyond the tag. Awesome effect!

Supplies: houses4us stamp set (The Stamps of Life), Pull Tag Frame die (Sizzix), Scallop Sentiment border punch (Fiskars), kraft cardstock (Bazzill), speckled cream cardstock, patterned paper – Seeing Spots, Set the Table, The Neighborhood, Brown Floral, and Simple Stripes (Life is Good, Echo Park), Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise dye ink (Stampin’ Up), Chestnut Roan Chalk ink (ColorBox), Peeled Paint Distress Ink (Tim Holtz, Ranger), black pen 0.1 (American Crafts).

Create Scrapbooks

There will be a live show sometime next week… my first official show! I’ll be sure to post and tweet about it. There was originally a show planned for today but to make sure everything is in order and all the blog updates are complete, it was decided to push it back a bit. Hope to see you there!

Hope you have a creative weekend… I’ve got some layouts planned (fingers crossed!)!

No comments: