Thursday, June 02, 2011

thank you cards with gift card holders

It’s the end of the school year (today is the last day for us… woot!) so I wanted to come up with a little something for my youngest sons two teachers and his bus driver. I decided to keep it simple and go with gift cards to Target. I wanted to make the cards extra special so I used my Gift Certificate Pop-Up Die. I love that this die takes giving a gift card to a whole new level.

thankyou giftcards 3

Since I was making three cards at the same time I kept the design and papers similar. This way I was making three unique cards but didn’t have to start from scratch each time. I love making cards in an assembly line process like this. Getting a lot done in a short amount of time brings on a huge feeling of accomplishment and productivity. I love it when I feel extra productive… it really helps keep me in a creative frame of mind.

Supplies: Flutter, Playground, and Mother Nature patterned papers (A Walk in the Park, Echo Park Paper Co.), Gift Certificate Holder w/ Phrase (Sizzix), Scallop Sentiment Border Punch (Fiskars), “thanks so much” sentiment (Made With Love, Hero Arts), “thank you” sentiment (Essential Messages, Hero Arts), white mat board (Sizzix), green, red, and white cardstock (Bazzill), white cardstock that was stamped on (Whisper White, Stampin’ Up), other stuff: flowers and pearl jewels.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Karen B said...

How cheery are these?! I love them, G! Plus, you win a prize for (a) remembering teacher gifts before, say, walking with your son to school this morning saying "oh yeah- it's the last day of school . . . maybe should have done some gifts, eh?" and (b) having them be handmade and (c) having them pop-up! The trifecta of motherly show-offiness. (She says, with envy and mad respect)

Christine said...

Awesome job :)