Monday, June 06, 2011

GASC highlights

gasc2011

I had a great time with Karen at GASC in Arlington, Texas on Saturday. We left at 6am for our four and a half hour drive. It was so fun seeing all the product for sale in one place, people watching, and making new friends. I didn’t take very many pictures but I wanted to share a little recap of our trip. Note to self: don’t use crap phone camera to take pictures when you bring your actual (and much better!) camera with you.

Highlights

  • We spent some time at the Stamps of Life booth and got to meet Stephanie Barnard, her husband, and daughter. It was a beautiful booth! I’m in love with the stamps and they run a seriously first class operation. I can’t wait to dig in and use my new sets!
  • I picked up some beautiful new trims at a booth called Nicole Petersen Designsat was gorgeous!
  • At the It’s Cheaper Than Therapy of the booth, Karen fixed a sample of one of her own dies… always fun to watch her in action.
  • Saw an adorable sign in a booth from Arlington Camera.
  • Bought some fun ledger papers and buttons from the Fancy Pants Designs booth.
  • Got my hands on some more Echo Park papers (I’m really lovin’ Echo Park… I can’t say this enough!).
  • Went by the Technique Tuesday booth looking for Teri Anderson but never did run into her (she’s one of my favorite PaperCrafts Go To Gals).
  • There were a ton of different booths that had Karen’s pop-up dies so I got a picture of her displaying one… awesome!
  • Checked out tons of goodies at the Dollar Scrapbooking booth.
  • A bra fitting booth and a comfortable shoe type booth… two things that made me tilt my head and think hmmmmmm, okaaaaayyyy….
  • There might have been an incident while driving to GASC involving coffee and Karen having to buy a new t-shirt from Buc-ee’s (which she’s sportin’ in the pics above).

There was just so much stuff to see and so many booths… these really are just a few highlights. I did love the trims though, I’m kind of regretting I didn’t buy more. Live and learn I guess!

Other news

I’ve got some exciting news coming up to share. I cannot wait to spill! New, fun things on the horizon. A new opportunity arose and it’s right up my alley so I jumped at the chance. I’ll be sharing all the details soon! ;-)

Happy Monday! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Karen B said...

It was fun, huh? Emma noticed my shirt when I got home and approved. (Looks just like hers!) Thanks for driving and making it such a perfect day! Mwah!

Stephanie Barnard said...

It was so great meeting you in person! Can't wait to hear your news! :)

Big hugs!
Stephanie