Friday, June 03, 2011

best wishes card

I got the Friendly Flags stamp set a little while back but hadn’t had a chance to play with them. Every time I opened my stamp drawer they were calling for me. That being said, I might have gone a little flag crazy on this card… don’t care though, I was having fun!

best-wishes-flags

How did I get those flags to stick up like that? There are two tabs on the Zig Zag pop-up die that you can glue elements to. I cut two strips of white cardstock, folded them over and glued the halves together (so they’d be extra strong), and then adhered those pieces to the two tabs. After that, I just glued the flags onto the cardstock strips.

Supplies: kraft cardstock (Bazzill), Friendly Flags stamp set (Hero Arts), sentiments (Essential Messages, Hero Arts), Zig Zag pop-up die cut (Karen Burniston, Sizzix), border punch (Pinking Hearts, Stampin’ Up), True Blue “Merry” Paper (Fine and Dandy, My Mind’s Eye), Tree Tops paper (A Walk in the Park, Echo Park Paper), Picnic Fun (A Walk in the Park, Echo Park Paper), other patterned papers from my scrap drawer.

Other News

Tomorrow I’m headed to the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington, Texas! I haven’t been in years. Karen and I decided to drive up for the day. I’m excited because not only will there be lots of shopping but I’m pretty sure we’ll be meeting Stephanie from The Stamps of Life. Her stamps are great and she makes the best videos show casing them. Should be a good time! Of course we’re leaving at 6am but whatever, it’ll be worth it.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Karen B said...

Love the flags! I think they look awesome all stacked up like that also, we should be getting to bed, right? Big road trip tomorrow! I got snacks!