Friday, April 29, 2011

Mother’s Day is just around the corner…

Are you ready? I am! And if you happen to be my mother {there is nothing to see here, move along….}

happy-mothers-day-2happy-mothers-day-1

I make three cards for Mother’s Day: one for my mom, my step-mom, and my grandma. I know I should probably make three unique cards for three unique and special ladies but every year I think I’m going to do that and every year they don’t get done because time gets away from me. I didn’t want to fall into that trap again so this year I decided that if I was actually going to send them out, I’d do all three the same. It feels good to be done and know that they’ll get there in time.

Have you started your cards yet? Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 8th. You’ve still got time to make one and get it in the mail.

Supplies: Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up), green cardstock (Bazzill), Black Pen .05 and .01 (American Crafts), Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (Dots & Flowers Set, Sizzix), flowers (from my stash), Jewels – Basic Pearls (Stampin’ Up), ribbon (Michael’s), corner rounder (Fiskars).

Have a wonderful weekend! I’ll be helping my husband install a door… joy.

1 comment:

Karen B said...

Lovely cards! And they are unique - each flower is a little different! I'm sure they will appreciate the love that you put into these cards and I am, as always, impressed with your timeliness!