Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge # 8 | just so you know card

Another Lawnscaping Challengelove them. I made this card for challenge #7. I was so excited to incorporate a fun pop-up die, the Floating Frames die.

just-so-you-know-5

Supplies: Smitty’s ABCs (Lawn Fawn), Critters in the Forest (Lawn Fawn), Card w/ Floating Frames 3-D Pop-Up (Sizzix), Celebrate die set (Sizzix), white cardstock (Bazzill), patterned papers (A Walk In The Park collection, Echo Park).

Randomness

My UStamp projects are all done (including the write-ups!), I’m doing a million loads of laundry, the man did awesome with his ride, it’s all air conditioner all the time now, I’ve reread all the Twilight series and am now on Breaking Dawn, watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 on Saturday (loved it!), yelled at Modern Family last night (seriously! I yelled at the TV) because they gave a big spoiler for Gran Torino (which the man hasn’t seen yet), listening to CCRand… I have no idea what I’m going to make for dinner.

Told ya… random.

Enjoy your week!

9 comments:

Karen B said...

random . . . but with method! Heh. OK, me LOVEY the cardy! (it's a word) You have illustrated perfectly how the Floating Frames creates an elaborate-looking pop-up without needing a ton of doodads and hoo-has. (I would do well to remember to leave the kitchen sink in the kitchen) Those critters are ah-dor-ah-ble! Congrats to Kev on ride. Impressive!

Laurel said...

Speech.Less. This is awesome. Just awesome. It's hard to believe using the pop up dies are as easy as you say because look at this master piece you created! Wow! Loving all the critters and the paper you paired them up with! So glad to have you with us again at Lawnscaping! :)

Christiana said...

This card is just fabulous! Wow. I'm no where near brave enough to attempt that. You rock! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Eileen Hull said...

Wow- very cool card Gretchen! You do make it look easy :-)

Marie / Legojenta said...

That pop-up card looks so special! I love the critters you used =) TFS!

Tiff said...

You KNOW how much I love all your pop-up cards!!!

Tara Noel said...

Gretchen your design style reminds me of a really excellent black and white photograph. Simple, to the point, and with strong compositional elements. I love this!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

How super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

Angie said...

Love the card! What a great design.