Tuesday, March 29, 2011

lo: happy mug

happy-mug

A layout. An actual layout. For a scrapbooker, I make a lot of cards! ha! That’s okay. Ebb and flow I say! Sometimes it’s fun to make whatever you want because it make you happy. I started scrapbooking in 1999 and if I’ve learned anything it’s to just go with the flow and not force it. If I don’t feel like making a layout, then I’m probably not going to try and make one. Sometimes being creative in some way is enough. Of course if I have a deadline it’s a whole different ball game! I did start to miss actual scrapping though and I was watching my stack of photos pile up… I was getting the urge to make a page! so, wa-la! I scrapbooked!

This layout makes me happy. And the mug… my happy mug. love it! Also, steel rule dies and felt go together amazingly! I am so pleased with how my title turned out. I was also pretty excited to use my new journaling stamps… I have a feeling they’ll be very used.

Supplies: white cardstock (Textured, Bazzill), patterned papers (A Walk in the Park collection, Echo Park), border punches – Scallop Sentiment and Threading Water (Fiskars), stamps (lines2journal, The Stamps of Life), title font (Butterfly Kisses, Sizzix), black pen (American Crafts), date stamp (office supply store), Lime Pastel chalk ink (ColorBox), Barn Door Distress Ink (Tim Holtz for Ranger), Zip Dry Paper Glue.

Smile!

7 comments:

adele said...

I love this layout!! And love that happy mug :)

Libby said...

Love the layout. Love the mug. Love to finally see some scrapbooking :-).
Adding this to the scraplift file.

Jayma Malme said...

I LOVE this mug, too! I have a bowl with stripes in similar colors and when I use it the colors make me so happy :)

scrapchick said...

Love the mug! Love collecting cool ones! Perfect layout!

Maya said...

Love this one! It is so ... Gretchen! :)

Jana said...

Your layout makes me happy too. Your felt title is awesome.
LOVE the mug too.

Laurel said...

I love that mug! All the bright colors.... Happy indeed.