Wednesday, March 02, 2011

happy birthday to my baby girl!

My baby girl is now 17… not so much of a baby anymore. They get to big, to fast. Way to fast. Here’s the card I made for her this year…

happy-bday-k-1happy-bday-k-2happy-bday-k-3

Echo Park meets Hero Arts meets Sizzix. love it!

Every card needs and envelope so I decorated one for her too…

happy-bday-k-envi

Card supplies: Sizzix Bigz Die -  Card, Scallop Circle 3-D (Pop-Up) #657130, Sizzix Sizzlets Die Set – Celebrate #657127, “happy birthday” (Essential Messages, Hero Arts), Large Cupcake (Hero Arts), bling (Tickled Pink Bling, Fine and Dandy; My Mind’s Eye), black pigment ink, yellow dot paper on pop-up and blue paper for “celebrate” from my stash, white Bazzill cardstock, patterned papers – Rain Drops, Playful Stripes, and Sunshine (A Walk in the Park, Echo Park), Fiskars Round The Bend Squeeze Punch.

Envelope supplies: Butterfly Kisses font (Sizzix), “happy birthday” (Essential Messages, Hero Arts), patterned paper (Tree Tops, A Walk in the Park; Echo Park).

and one more thing…

big-k

For a little something extra, I made her a K for her room. I found the K at Hobby Lobby. It’s chipboard and pretty light. I added the paper, edged with white paint, coated it with Modge Podge and wa-la!

happy birthday baby girl! love you!

4 comments:

Karen B said...

So bright and cheery! I love everything about this card, this K, and your big K, who is (gasp!) 1L years old already!

Nancy said...

what a sweet way to celebrate your daughter's birthday..I love the card and the wonderful letter K you decorated, great idea!
blessings~

Maya said...

Really? 17??? :)
Happy Birthday to Kenna! Love the cupcake card - so cute!

Tiff said...

17!!!! No way!? U have a 17 year old! Impossible! sigh* Your card is SUPER cute! Love that pop-up die of course! And I love the envie and letter you decorated too!