Thursday, March 24, 2011

happy birthday card

happy-birthday-cupcake-gch

(click on the above image to view the project larger)

I’m not sure what I love most about this… the fun papers, the cute stamps, or the cool pop-up. I’m just really happy that it all blended together so well (and quickly I might add!). The stamp set is another set from The Stamps of Life. The HappyBday2You set actually comes with 40 stamps in the set – talk about bang for your buck!

Supplies: My Minds Eye paper (Fine and Dandy True Blue Collection), stamps (HappyBday2You, The Stamps of Life), Gift Card Holder w/ Phrase Die Cut (Sizzix), XL Circle Squeeze Punch and L Circle Squeeze Punch (Fiskars), Scallop  Sentiment Border Punch (Fiskars), black pigment ink (American Crafts), Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink (Tim Holtz for Ranger).

I said that it came together quickly right? And I used a pop-up? Yes, pop-ups are quick! I used the Gift Card Holder Die and then covered up the part where the gift card would actually go to show off my sentiment. Here’s a little video of the die that Karen Burniston made so you can see for yourself how quickly it comes together:

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Karen B said...

This is so awesome, G! I love those stamps and the colors and the way the flags come through from underneath . . . all of it! Thanks for using my die and including the video - you rock! (In case you didn't know)

Tara Noel said...

Gretchen, such a cool way to use the Gift Card Holder Pop-Up and the light spring colors are a refreshing respite to all the grey and black sweaters, cold wind and bare trees (in Colorado). I wouldn't mind if you mailed it to me but please enclose a real cupcake!

Stephanie Barnard said...

Love how you used the patterned papers, stamps and pop-up!

Great ideas! :)

Hugs,
Stephanie

Karen said...

This is super cute. I have never seen it before. Glad I happened by your site. TFS

Maya said...

Adorable card, Gretchen! Love that MME line!