Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge #1

I was excited to participate in the first Lawnscaping ChallengeI love Lawn Fawn stamps so it’s a perfect fit. The first challenge: all about snow.

Here’s my take on the challenge:

thanks-lawn-fawn

I went for a cute card using the Critters in the Snow set and a Lawn Fawn Thanks stamp... I love that little polar bear! The snowflakes are embossed with white. I really like all the white combined with just a bit of color. :-)

Supplies: white Bazzill cardstock, Scenic Route from my stash, Critters in the Snow set and Thanks stamp (Lawn Fawn), Seafoam White Embossing Powder (Ranger), chalk ink (Orchid Pastel, ColorBox), Open Scallop Punch (EK Success).

fyi… white is really hard to photograph!

8 comments:

scrapchick said...

Aw, that Polar Bear is SO cute! Love the card!

Laurel said...

EEEK! How cute is this. I love your rosy colored cheek polar bear, your snowflake background and your strip of adorable paper! This card just makes me smile! Thank you SO much for playing along in the Lawnscaping Challenge! I hope to see much, much more of you!!!

Sarah said...

Absolutely adorable polar bear. I love white on white with little pops of color too, but you totally rocked this.

Maya said...

Adorable! Love the rosy cheeks and than old Scenic Route paper!

Marie / Legojenta said...

Love the blush in the polar bear's cheek =)

Christiana said...

This is so sweet! I love that polar bear's rosy cheeks! He's been spending a lot of time outdoors, I can see! ;o) This is really pretty. Thanks so much for playing along in our first challenge! Good luck!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is DARLING! I love the bear's cheeks! Thanks for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge!

Sherri Thompson said...

Adorable card, Gretchen! Congrats on your Lawn Fawn win! Can't wait to see more of your cards. :)