Saturday, January 01, 2011

“do”

I’ve been fighting with my one little word this year. It didn’t come to me as easily as in years past. Honestly, I think I was asking a lot of a word. I wanted a word that would encompass all that I want to accomplish, focus on, deal with, one that would help me get to my goals… all I wanted to do.

Then the obvious came to me… do. My word is DO. do-wordDo? Seriously? A two letter word is my word for the year? The more I looked at it, the more I fought it. I really tried to go with the word accomplish, I even commented on Ali’s blog post that it was my word but some how, it didn’t feel right, it felt forced. I kept flip flopping. In the end, I knew that do was my word. It’s my year to do.

Like the Nike slogan, “just do it.” No more excuses, no more second guessing, no more over thinking, just doing.

I wish I had some eloquent way to explain it. It makes sense in my head and I guess that’s all that matters. It's just weird to think that a two letter word is my word for the year... but it says so much! In 2011 I am going to DO.

Words of years past… 2008 was focus, 2009 was determined, and 2010 was positive.

What exactly do I want to do?  Be more open, lose the stupid 8 pounds that are killing my self esteem and making my jeans fit tight, move more, eat less, have more patience, not be so anxious and overwhelmed, create more… I mean really create for me, without caring what anyone thinks. That’s just some of it, I’m going to work on the being more open part, just don’t need to lay it all out there today… I’m a work in progress.

Happy New Year! Here’s to getting a lot done in 2011! (because done is the past tense of do, right?)

9 comments:

Tiff said...

GENIUS!!! I love your word and oh so clever! Get er done ;)

bcre8uv said...

Love the way you wrote it with the date. :)

Libby said...

Hi Gretchen,

Do is a great word - small but powerful. My word is consistency. I need to be consistent with all the things you need to do :-).

Libby

Tami B. said...

Your word is elegant simplicity. I always like it when somebody gets right to the heart of the matter. I'm a bottom line kind of person. Love your word. Do. It says it all. Happy 2011.

dtahphotography said...

Your word may be very short, but in the end that small word will make you accomplish so much

scrapchick said...

Great word! Happy New Year!

Live a Life EXTRAordinary said...

That is a FABUOLOUS word-you are going to have so much fun with it!!
All the best in 2011!

Live a Life EXTRAordinary said...

Ok, so I meant, FABULOUS! Hello.

Lori said...

Powerful 2 letter word
!