Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 7: Holiday Toppers

This is it folks – the last week of the Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop (be sure to check out the “special note” towards the end)! For our final week we used Eileen Hull’s Treat Bag Toppers die. I pared the labels up with the Critters in the Snow stamp set by Lawn Fawn and everything came together quickly. With Christmas just around the corner, I wanted to create some quick and fun gift giving ideas. Without further ado, my projects…

labels-all

More details:

labels-reindeer-chowReindeer Chow Mix: A fun treat for the kiddos, a mix of cereal in a snack sized sandwich bag. (After I made this and my youngest son came home from school, he took off with it and it was gone!).

labels-snowman-soupSnowman Soup: The cute snowflakes are embossed with white… a cool effect in person. The treat bag are just an ensemble of goodness for hot chocolate. There is a label on the back that says:

“Was told that you've been good this year -
Always glad to hear it!
With freezing weather drawing near,
You'll need to warm the spirit.
So here's a little Snowman Soup,
Complete with stirring stick.
Just add hot water, sip it slow.
It's sure to do the trick!”

labels-gift-bagGift Bag: I love how this turned out. LOVE it. I really like the different designs and little pop of color on the kraft. Paired with the bits of red in the Topper and the red flower, everything ties together perfectly. This gift bag would also be a good “kid craft.” Give a child some stamps, stamp pads, and a paper bag and they can make their own gift bag.

labels-reindeer-foodReindeer Food: This one might be my favorite… I’m still undecided. The little reindeer is so cute! Reindeer Food is something fun to sprinkle on your lawn to help guide Santa in. Mine contains oats, red sugar, and a little bit of glitter.  There’s a little label on the back to explain it, it says,

“Sprinkle on the lawn at night
The moon will make it sparkle bright
As Santa's reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home.”

labels-penguin-potionPenguin Potion: Maybe this one is my favorite? Who am I kidding, I like them all! I really like this label because it has a handle, so clever! The little penguin is so cute and I really like the masking effect… something I don’t do often enough.  I didn’t add a poem to the back of the penguin topper, I figured it was pretty self explanatory.

The toppers could easily be cut from any cardstock or patterned paper to fit any theme… I can just picture a bag filled with red and white M&M’s for Valentines Day with a striped topper. :-)

Supplies: Sizzix Treat Bag Toppers Bigz XL Scoreboards Die #656774 by Eileen Hull, Critters in the Snow stamps (Lawn Fawn), papers from the Snow Day Collection (Crate Paper), Little Yellow Bicycle paper (Reindeer Crossing), Fancy Pants Designs papers (Brrr, Falling Snow), white and black pigment ink (American Crafts), decorative chalk, chalk ink, Versamark Ink, Seafoam White embossing powder (Ranger), black pens, red flower (Green House, American Crafts), Sizzix Big Shot, Glue Dots, Glue Glider Pro.

A Special Note:

Thank you so much for checking out the Triple Play Blog Hop! Please visit the Triple Play blog for more fun ideas from Brenda Pinnick, Karen Burniston, Eileen Hull and friends. If you have enjoyed seeing all of the inspiring ideas on the blog hop, please "like" Triple Play on Facebook. Hope to see you there!

This is our last week but we’re still hopping! Who else is participating? Click here to find out – master list of designers.

Thanks for hopping along… just click on “hop forward” link below (or in my side bar) to continue on…

Have a wonderful Thursday!

18 comments:

Karen B said...

I love every single solitary stamp-a-licious thing about these projects, G. I mean, seriously! You are a rock star! Not only creative with the crafty parts but with the contents? If I didn't like you so much I might hate you just a little. Heh.

Melonie said...

Oh these are all sooooo cute! Fantastic job on all of them:)

milkcan said...

Super duper cute!

Brenda PInnick said...

This makes me so happy! I love the fun themes and the designs are adorable too! Merry Christmas!

Niki_Meiners said...

very pretty

Cindy Rippe said...

Cute ideas! I like your color choices too.

Jen Goode said...

Cute cute cute!

Lynda said...

Ooooh, love how you showed so many uses for the tags and labels included in this die. Great ideas!

Eileen Hull said...

These are all adorable Gretchen! I might have to borrow some of these ideas for my Barn Sale next year :-) Thanks so much for hopping along with us- hope we can meet up someday. Merry Christmas!

Einat Kessler said...

Gretchen, I love each and everyone of these projects. They are so cute and pretty. especially the penguin! Merry Christmas

Madeline said...

So many wonderful ideas and cute designs.
Have a great Christmas!

Tiffany Windsor said...

Adorable! Adorable! Adorable!

~kelly marie~ said...

I still can't get over how clever and cute this is! Seriously amazing! You rock! :) Thank you for using LF! :) Hugs!

Heather Innusa said...

I just love all of this! Great job on everything! Thanks for sharing!!

Sara G. said...

So cute! I love these ideas :)

Donna said...

Some lovely ideas here!!!

Ruby said...

Aw, these are all SO cute, love the penguin potion!

Christiana said...

These are absolutely darling! What a neat idea. Filing that away for future use! ;o)

I especially love the reindeer food! So clever.