Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 3: thinking of you card

Week 3 of the Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop features the Beauty Bloom Original Die by Brenda Pinnick. It’s so versatile, you can do anything with it. I added some paint to my pieces and layered them outside and inside of the card to give it a cool effect.

flower-window-1flower-window-2flower-window-3

I used a Movers and Shapers Die Set to create the card. You just lay the Four Window Panes die where you want it to cut within the main die and wa-la, it cuts the windows perfectly.

Supplies: Flower - Beauty Bloom Original Die #655455 by Brenda Pinnick, Felt – National Non-Wovens, Fabric – Couluer Vie by Brenda Pinnick for Henry Glass & Co., kraft cardstock (Bazzill), blue patterned paper (Sophie Bouquet, BoBunny’s Back to Backs), sentiment stamp (Everyday Sayings, Hero Arts), Music Background stamp (Hero Arts), black and white pigment ink (American Crafts), black pen (0.005, Zig Millennium), Movers and Shapers XL Die Set – Card With Four Window Panes (Sizzix), Big Shot (Sizzix), white acrylic paint.

Who else is participating? Click here to find out – master list of designers.

Hope you’re enjoying the hop, just click on “hop forward” below (or in my side bar) to continue on…

Happy blog hopping! Enjoy your Thursday!

20 comments:

Karen B said...

I really don't know how you do it. You always rock the kraft space. ('white space' isn't exactly accurate) You know precisely how much layering to do, always rock the stamping/inking techniques, and basically - you're a star!

Anonymous said...

So adorable, Gretchen! I love the softening you did to the flowers, it makes it feel almost frosted. Thanks so much for using my die and for sharing your creativity! you ARE a crafting star!

Brenda Pinnick said...

whoops, I didn't mean for that to be anonymous...my comment is above!!!

Brenda Pinnick

Jen Goode said...

Such a terrific idea, I love the colors!

Eileen Hull said...

Cool project with the white ink distress treatment- love your style!

Cheryl said...

Cool, love the use of kraft and white paint! Pretty colors!

milkcan said...

HOw cool! I'm digging the window!

Gaby Seminario said...

Good idea! and beautiful

Mod Podge Amy said...

Those are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of Kraft paper and just love your project!

Posted by T'art

creativegoddess said...

PERFECT-O!

TheresaCifali said...

Love it!

Madeline said...

I love the look and the very clever layering of the flower.

scrapchick said...

Very pretty! Love the colors & the window!

Ann Butler said...

Love the layered effect!

Einat Kessler said...

I love your card and all the layers. it's a great idea!

Melony Bradley said...

Loved this with the movers and shakers die- there are so many cool dies out there- wish I had them all. Your card is really cool

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Sweet card! I love the colors you chose!

Laura Bray said...

I love the little window!

Phyllis Dobbs said...

This is a beautiful card - inside and out! Love the window!