Thursday, November 04, 2010

Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 1: hopes and dreams house

Welcome to the first week of the Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop! I’m so happy you’re here. The first die featured is the Sizzix House 3-D Scoreboards Die.

Here’s my take on the house…

hopes-and-dreams 2
This little house is a place to keep your “hopes and dreams” written on strips of paper. I was originally going to make a slot in the top, kind of like a piggy bank, but I couldn’t bring myself to cut into it, I just thought it was way to pretty for that. I opted to make a pull tab with ribbon on the bottom so everything could be taken in and out from there.

Supplies:  Sizzix House 3-D Pro Scoreboards Die #656836 by Eileen Hull, Sizzix Big Shot Pro Machine, Sizzix 12x12 white mat board, My Mind’s Eye papers (Pretty Polka, Girlfriends, and Sisters Lace  from the Madison Avenue collection), acrylic paint, chalk ink (Chestnut Roan, ColorBox), alphabet stamps, black pen (0.1, Zig Millennium), ribbon, craft knife (Fiskars), craft tape (J and V Enterprises), Cameo Appearance Squeeze Punch (Large, Fiskars).

Who else is participating? Click here to find out – master list of designers.

Hope you’re enjoying the hop, just click on “hop forward” below (or in my side bar) to continue on…


Thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned for next Thursday!

35 comments:

Karen B said...

You know I love this! The colors are so vibrant and pretty. I love how it opens from the bottom - clever, clever!

Niki_Meiners said...

Very pretty

Melony Bradley said...

What a great idea- makes me want to write down my own hopes and dreams and put them into a decorated house- how fun it would be to pull them out and read them from time to time

alwayscharlie said...

This is a really cute idea and the house is very very ppretty!! Love it!

smilesmoore2 atverizon dotnet

Candice Windham said...

What an engineering feat! Love the way you created the bottom access.

Mod Podge Amy said...

I love your polka dotty house. How cute!

Jenn said...

So cute, Gretchen! You did such a nice job on this. Love the concept, too.

Vidette said...

How girlie and cute. I love the idea of the pull tab.

Jen Goode said...

I love this idea, the pink and brown is a favorite combo. Love the idea of the ribbon to open it at the bottom!

Brenda Pinnick said...

Love the polka dots and the colors, too! Nice!!!

Madeline said...

What a very cute, clever idea!

scrapchick said...

So cute! What a neat idea!

Lesa said...

It's so adorable! I love that it is filled with hopes and dreams!

Laura Bray said...

Polka dots are my favorite!

Teri A said...

I love the colors on this it is very nice work
Thanks,
Teri

Colleen Schaan said...

super cute!

Ann Butler said...

Love the colors, a great house!

Debra Quartermain said...

This is such a lovely idea!

Eileen Hull said...

Gretchen- love you color choices and also what you did at the bottom of the house. I did cut a hole in my roof and then covered it up because I couldn't stand to see a hole. It's a sickness! You rocked this house- thanks!

Cheryl said...

Love your pink and polka dot house! So sweet and cute.

Roxi Phillips said...

Great idea and color choice! Adorable!

TheresaCifali said...

Oooo...I really like what you did to this house. It just beautiful.

Einat Kessler said...

I love this idea. I love it!

Jessica said...

Very pretty! and great idea about the pull tab.

GeorgiaBabydoll said...

Darling little house. Love those papers!

craftaholic said...

Love the house!! great Project I want the 3D diecut!!
Rexann
ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

WOW. Thanks for being part of the hop
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesignsATyhaooDOTcom
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Your house is so cute!

craftaholic said...

super cute and would love to have the Sizzix Big Shot Pro die cutting machine!!!
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Rexann

Cindy Rippe said...

Love the polka dots and the access from the bottom! Nice project.

Lyneen said...

Sweet.... the papers are perfect for hopes & dreams... TFS!

Decorables said...

I am grateful for talented people who create beautiful things:)
Your creation is beautiful.

HawaiianLibrarian said...

Vibrant polka dots! Delightful design. Sensitive treasurehouse of hopes and dreams. mahalo

Phyllis said...

Your house is adorable. I love the pink papers and the "hopes and dreams".

Meggan said...

Absolutely adorable! My favorite colors, as well as the colors of my daughters baby room :) Love it.

P.S. I couldn't get my self to cut into it either, good idea w/ the pull tab.