Saturday, October 02, 2010

it’s more than just a pumpkin!

I love being able to get more use out of a product than was originally intended. I decided to give it a try with the Pumpkin 3-D Pop-Up Die from Sizzix. The basic shape is a circle which makes it pretty versatile. I came up with two different cards from the pumpkin die.

Happy Halloween

happy-halloween-pumpkin-1happy-halloween-pumpkin-2

Happy Halloween Supplies: black, orange, and grey cardstock, various pieces of patterned paper from my stash, Pumpkin 3-D Pop Up Die, Haunted House Die, Bats #3 Die, Chip Block Alphabet, Big Shot (Sizzix), chalks.

smile

smile-1smile-2

Smile Supplies: white, black, and yellow cardstock, black pen, Pumpkin 3-D Pop Up Die, Big Shot (Sizzix).

I really like the simplicity of this card… and I even used a font (no one fall out of their chair!). I just want to say that the face looks much more happy in real life. I love the pop-ups but they can be hard to photograph. I swear, that face is smiling!

Note: For the eyes, I punched circles and then folded them in half before gluing them down onto the triangle eye piece. I glued them into the face with the triangles upside down. For the mouth, I freehanded the cut to make the thin smiley face out of the jack-o-lantern mouth (if you do this, make sure to do the folds first so you know where they are).

Hope you like them! They were fun to make. I’ve got two more examples here if you want to check it out - Sizzix Bigz Pop-up Pumpkin Die.

And now I must go enjoy my nice, quiet Saturday and make some bats! :-)

smile. be happy.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

So cute. I LOVE that pop up pumpkin!