Thursday, September 23, 2010

a very special “welcome home” card

welcome-home-10welcome-home-20welcome-home-30

There are some people who come into our lives that are just amazing people. You get them. They get you. I’ve had one of those wonderful people in my life since I was 17 years old. I am happy to say that after years of trying my very best friend and her husband had a beautiful baby girl on September 17th. I made this card in hopes to express just how happy I am for them and how much my friend means to me. I am overjoyed for them!!

I’ve got that warm fuzzy feeling… :-)

Supplies: The Girls’ Paperie papers (Shabby Flower, Vintage Patchwork, Travel Ticking), white and pink cardstock, mat board, Frame Back Ornate #4 and 3-D Pop-Up House (Sizzix), Big Shot (Sizzix), Open Scallop Edger Punch (EK Success), Glue Glider Pro adhesive, strong bond tape adhesive, Zip Dry Paper Glue, chalk ink (Chestnut Roan, ColorBox), flowers, buttons, ribbon.

I’m so glad I finally got to share… I’m pretty proud of this project and I had to wait until it was received.

Welcome to the world baby Avery!

4 comments:

KarenB said...

It's so perfect, G! I can see all the time and love you put into it!

kathlee said...

You should be proud of this card...it's breathtaking! Lots of work I am sure.

scrapchick said...

So pretty! These cards are so cool!

Renee said...

Gretchen, this is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing!!