Tuesday, September 28, 2010

it’s more than just a bat!

youre-batty-tag

I think the 3-D Pop-Up Bat Die designed by Karen Burniston is so cute! I’m not saying that just because I know her either… I really think it’s adorable! The bat die is also quick and easy to assemble and if you’ve visited my blog before, you know I’m all about quick and easy. Obviously when you think bat you think Halloween but the main part of the bat is a circle and when you think circle, the possibilities of what you can do can really grow. I wanted to share what I did with this die that wasn’t Halloween related…

lady-bug-cute-1lady-bug-cute-2ta-da! A lady bug! Or it could be a sun, a ball (pick a sport!), and the livin’ in Texas way to long part of me even thought of the top of a Homecoming Mum.

Of course if you’re still thinking Halloween, you can check out these examples  - Hanging Bat and Spooky Card and Happy Halloween Card.

Bat Tag Supplies: black tag, white cardstock, Whoo-ligans papers from Bo Bunny (Stripe, Spiders, Whoo-ligans), Whoo-ligans Combo Stickers (Bo Bunny), Upper Crest Border Punch (Fiskars), googly eyes, Glue Glider Pro Adhesive, 3-D Pop-Up Bat Die (Sizzix), Big Shot (Sizzix).

Lady Bug Card Supplies: kraft cardstock, red cardstock, black and white paper from my scrap drawer, flowers, gems, Felt Stickers (Thickers), Scallop Sentiment Border Punch (Fiskars), Glue Glider Pro Adhesive, 3-D Pop-Up Bat Die (Sizzix), Big Shot (Sizzix).

Have a great week! Hope you’re enjoying cooler weather (I certainly am!)

2 comments:

KarenB said...

You. Are. Awesome!! That ladybug is as cute as a bug! (See what I did there?) Off to link . . .

eileenhull said...

Gretchen- love your ladybug! That gave me an idea... So glad you are joining us on the upcoming blog hop! :-)