Sunday, August 29, 2010

birthday cake card

cake-card-1cake-card-2

Simple and cute on the outside and then pow! a big ol’ fun cake on the inside taking it from simple to dynamic! I’m really loving the pop-up dies from Sizzix. I’m a simple scrapbooker and cardmaker, I’ve learned over the years that if it’s complicated and time consuming that I’m probably not going to do it. That’s why I really like the pop-ups, the dies do all the work for you... it looks difficult  but it’s not. It’s nice to be able to add a little something extra to a card that doesn’t take a lot of time… yet it makes it extra special.

Supplies: white cardstock, mat board, Scenic Route chipboard embellishment and sticker, all patterned papers from my scrap bin, Open Scallop Edger Punch, black pen, strong bond tape adhesive, Glue Arts Adhesive, Sizzix Big Shot, Sizzix Bigz Pop-up Cake.

Other Stuff

First-Day-of-School

School started last Monday. I officially have a Junior, Sophomore, and 3rd grader. Everyone seemed to have a good first week which I am thankful for. I did spend some time finding extra school supplies – which is always difficult to do after school has started. The big kids never know what they’ll specifically need until the teacher tells them. Everything has officially been purchased! Unfortunately I had to buy a second pair of brand new shoes for my 8 year old because the dog ate his first pair (good times people, good times!). Hopefully this week will go just as smooth since we should all be in the swing of things.

Have a great week!

5 comments:

Tiff said...

Did u have your junior when you were five!!!? You look too young for a Junior!!!! I hope you take that as a compliment ;)

Your card IS FABBIE! They didn't have this die the last time I went to Michaels, so it looks like I'll be buying it online!

Maya said...

Love the card! I wish I could use sizzix dies with my Revolution....

The kiddos look so big! Have a great schoool year! Our starts only on September 1st.

KarenB said...

Love the picture of the kids! Sorry that I previously sided with Daisy on the shoes - I thought maybe it was just a little nibbling, but full-blown replacement? That's hard core. Your card is super-dee-duper and you really make the pop-up dies sing. MWAH!

libby said...

Great card. Oh, dear, naughty Daisy. Been there, dealt with that :-).

Libby

scrapchick said...

Pretty card! Woo hoo on back to school - and it's crazy I was out this w/e and could hardly find anything, all Halloween now and school starts Wednesday!