Friday, July 02, 2010

thinking of you always card (PDCC #36)

I saw this fun challenge on The Play Date Cafe blog, I loved the color combo of challenge #36  and wanted to play along. They’ve got great challenges there, I’m excited to do some more.

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #36

Here’s my take on it…

thinking-of-you-always-pdcc

Note: Every bit of the KI Memories paper is actually edged with pink chalk but no matter how many times I photographed it, it just wouldn’t show up well. So aggravating but I swear it’s there!

Supplies: white cardstock, Prima Flowers, Flower Child White decorative paper (Pop Culture, KI Memories), patterned papers from my scraps, Scallop Sentiment Border Punch, corner rounder, pink chalk, sentiment stamp (All Occasions, Hero Arts), chalk ink (Colorbox).

Use Your Stash total: 40 down, 10 to go.

Happy Friday!

9 comments:

Carrie said...

SO pretty! Love the flower and the way you used the cut out paper in back - and I can see the pink! :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely, wonderful cut out paper panel! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful flower and background. So frustrating some times when the photo doesn't show everything we want it to! Thanks for joining us in the pDCC!

Ruby said...

This is lovely, I really like the flower you've done, it's fab! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Stephanie Kraft said...

This is beautiful, Gretchen! The chalking may not show a lot, but it's subtlety is soft and lovely.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Monika Reeck said...

A very beautiful card..love all the texture on your card Gretchen!LOVE YOUR FLOWER CARD...I just joining the playdate cafe challenge too my card is number 45, would you mind to see my blog?Many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Sarah Anderson said...

and I bet it took you ages to edge the flowers in chalk! It's so annoying sometimes when the photo doesn't reflect your hard work! LoVe this card though, gorgeous DP and that flower is scrumptious! Thanks for playing at the playdate cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Love that huge flower! And all that white space! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Adventures in Alice Land said...

What a great card. I love how you used an overlay diecut for the background. Very creative and inspiring. Love the flower!