Thursday, June 24, 2010

yum! card (EBTKS #17)

yum1-ebtks17

yum2-ebtks17

yum3-ebtks17

I liked sketch #17 so much from Everything But The Kitchen Sink that I decided to use it again. The card I made is a bit smaller than standard size, it measures approximately 3-1/4” x 4-1/2”. For the cupcake, I stamped on three different pieces of patterned paper, cut them out, and pieced them backed together. I love the boldness of the colors against the kraft (my favorite!). I used a bright pink chalk ink to stamp the dots on the kraft but it doesn’t seem to show up very well in the picture. Also, I mounted everything on black to give it a little bit of pop. Hope you like it!

Supplies: kraft cardstock, black cardstock, patterned papers from my scrap drawer, Hero Arts Stamps (Cupcakes and Raindrop Background), black pen, black ink, chalk ink (Colorbox), circle cutter, Scallop Sentiment Border Punch.

Use Your Stash total: 38 down, 12 to go.

Hope you’re having a great week!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Very cute! Love that you added the polka dot background. Great idea!

Ann said...

Eee! Love that paper pieced cupcake! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge!

Carrie said...

Love it! What a cute card!

Courtney Baker said...

This is just too cute! I love it. Thanks for playing along with EBTKS!

Winter said...

Too cute! I love the cupcake! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)